Could democrats cause the stock market to crash? Is that what they want to do?

Failure by Congress to extend the Bush tax cuts, especially locking in the 15 percent capital gains tax rate, will spark a stock market sell off starting December 15 as investors move to lock in gains at a lower rate than the 20 percent it would jump to next year, warn analysts

http://politics.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2010/12/2/delaying-tax-vote-could-crash-stock-market.html

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 7:42 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• – collapse
    That is a dumb question.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 7:49 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• I think that is the end game. Collapse everything so people are powerless and they can take over. Obama thinks he is a God so I would not be shocked if this is something he has planned. The way Dems like to control everything but a womans right to choose shows they are capable of doing something like this.
    Anonymous

• Well, we've had Black Friday and Black Monday (10/19/87), so maybe next we'll have black Wednesday! Reagan weathered it.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:50 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• That is a dumb question.

Your a hateful and dumb person.
    Anonymous

• No fool. That's what the bail outs were all about.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 7:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Could REPUBLICANS cause the stock market to crash? Is that what they want to do?

They're involved with any delay in decision making too. I've been saying all along that they could come up with some kind of COMPROMISE that helps the poor, the middle class, and people who have small businesses without extending tax cuts for the wealthiest if they just redefine what the cut off is. If $250,000 would affect too many small business, then make the cut off a little higher, like $500,000 or $1,000,000. I'm sure Republicans won't go for compromise since they're really just out for the rich.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 7:54 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• It could happen. "Gird your loins"- Joe BIden
    SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 7:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I think there is a potential for a negative domino effect within Wall Street, Business development, etc....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:57 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• That is a dumb question.

Your a hateful and dumb person.

Nice answer gerpie, whoops. I mean anon
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 7:59 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Pam, While I agree with you in theory-it would never work because of the convoluted tax codes and laws-too many loopholes. We need true tax reform and either a fair or flat tax. No matter where the threshold is set, the wealthy will have the benefit of loopholes. Set it at a million and lots of returns will have taxable incomes below that #-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2010