is turbotax 2007 the same as turbotax 2008?

will i need the 2008 version for my taxes next year or will 2007 work just fine? thanks!

suthrnflwr

Asked by suthrnflwr at 12:01 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Money & Work

• I'm pretty sure you will need the 2008 version. just a guess though since it's 2008 now instead of 2007.

check turbotax.com though, they may have free upgrades if you already have an older version. or a cheaper upgrade price so you don't have to purchase it at full price.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 12:03 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• You know you will need the 2008 edition because every year there are updates.... not necessarily for the better.. sigh.........LOL!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:04 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Nope, not the same. Tax laws change every year, so you MUST use current year sofware.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 12:06 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Tax laws change every year so evin if your situation didn't you'll need to update. If you are just doing you I would use the free software you can get from the IRS site. I use Tax ACT. It works great and it's free.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:03 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• at turbotax.com there is a federal FREE edition that worked great for us last year........instead of wasting the money on one at the store!........but some years they contain small differences
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 1:20 PM on Nov. 6, 2008