Is this a good enough reason?

I have a beautiful 10 month old dd, who I love with all my heart. I always thought that I would want atleast 2 children, but now I am not so sure. I love the time I spend with my dd and not sure I want another child to take away any of that time. I know that may sound strange. DH wants another child and I don't want my dd to be an only child, but I feel like my family is complete. I know that most people will say to wait a few years and see how you feel, but I am 44 years old and don't have a few years to think it over. So is not wanting your child to be an only child a good enough reason to have another one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• I feel the same way. Its hard for me to explain the way I feel to other people about it. I know I would love another child with all my heart but I just feel like I can't share any more of myself. I have my son I've always wanted and I feel complete. I know, it sounds kinda selfish. Maybe I'll feel different in a few years.
    LogansMamma0511

Answer by LogansMamma0511 at 8:55 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• That should not be the only reason, but it is a valid one.

Answer by older at 8:05 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Just not being SURE is reason enough! If one isn't sure they should have another, then they shouldn't until they are sure they should.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 8:06 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• If you're not ready, you're not ready, simple as that. If you have another child now knowing the way you feel, you may develop feelings of resentment to both your DH & the new baby. That wouldn't be healthy for anyone. Besides, if you do change your mind in a few years and you don't want to risk your health having another biological child, there's always the option of adoption.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:15 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• You will never regret having another, but you could regret not having one. I remember when I had my second and worried how would I be able to love the next one, and what will it do to mine and my oldest relationship. I now have 8 lol and what I can tell you is that there is enough love and time, I have found that each one of mine only enhances my family, that each one is so different they bring a different perspective. It is a lot of fun.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 8:21 PM on Dec. 2, 2010