I wanna know what you think about co-sleeping

I have a 22 month old and a 9 month old. Me and my hubby co-sleep with our 22 month old and look forward to it with our 9 month old (when I'm not scared he will roll off the bed) I love it and enjoy it very much. It doesn't interfere with our sexlife it just gives us the opportunity to find new places to "do it". I think it is a very good way to bond with your children and always allow them to feel safe. How do you feel about it?

neverwrong8682

Asked by neverwrong8682 at 12:02 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I never co-slept with anyone except my husband. It's a bad habit to start and very hard to break. Good luck with it.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:03 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I agree with above....
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:07 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I AGREE I STARTED THIS WITH MY BOTH MY DAUGHTERS. NOW I CANT GET RID OF THEM.
    secondbaby1686

Answer by secondbaby1686 at 12:08 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• You will never have the bed to yourself again. This could create an abnormal relationship with your kids. They might have seperation anxiety and poor social skills in the future. Just be prepared for what might come in the future.
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 12:11 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I don't see a problem with it. It's whatever you and your SO are comfortable with. Heck, our 5 y/o still sleeps with us sometimes, like when she is sick, for extra comfort.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 12:20 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I think that if you're family is comfortable with it then it's ok. Just be prepared because it's a very hard habit to break, and pretty soon there will be 4 of you in your bed is it big enough? :D I do it once in a while with my son who is 2, mainly when it's storming outside because he gets scared of the thunder or when he's not feeling good because he likes to cuddle. Outside of that I force him to sleep in his own bed. My night time minutes are the only private time I have anymore.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 12:28 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Hey, I know like a dozen people who co-slept as kids with their parents and they are ALL fine socially.
    CashJulianMommy

Answer by CashJulianMommy at 12:37 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• My parents wouldn't even let me sleep with them when I was scared or had bad dreams. THAT screwed me up. I'm going to let my baby sleep with me until his nursery is done. I'm going to be BFing and I think if he's in his co-bed right there next to me I can see to his needs much better and faster than if he was in the other room.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 12:50 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• it's all about what's best for you and your SO. there are numerous studies supporting cosleeping and it's social, mental, and emotional benefits to the child. just google for a while. yes, with cosleep, your LO gets in the habit of sleeping with you, and the LO might resist change if forced to stop when he is not ready. Most psychologists agree cosleept children leave the parent's bed willingly and eagerly somewhere between 2-5 [i'm sure this doesn't include the occasional "sick/scared/comfort nights"]. everyone has strong opinions. i'm all for it. but don't base your parenting on what some strangers tell you. do your own research, and follow your mothering instinct. it seems to be working for you, your so and LOs are happily content- keep up the good work!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• DONT do it!!! We NEVER co-slept with our almost three year old and havent had a problem. Our neighbors are STILL co-sleeping with their 6 year old!!!!!!!!!!!! And my aunt is STILL co-sleeping with her 9 year old............................
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 1:19 PM on Nov. 6, 2008