What do I do?

A family member of mine is getting married. Should be great right? I wish. I love this family member but he met this girl (who is nice). She also has two kids and there is a 30 year difference! He is 60, she is 30. The real issue is, is that he has pretty much cut off all ties with the rest of the family since he met her. They have only been together about a year. And we all believe she is there for the money. Now I don't know her that well but I just want my family member back, well I mean I want him to spend time with us as well.

AbsoluteSelf

Asked by AbsoluteSelf at 8:18 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Do nothing. He's an adult.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 8:20 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Although I understand how you feel, you have to understand that he wants a life of his own. Regardless of what you and your family believe this girl is "all about", he apparently loves her. Unfortunately, you and other family members can't provide the campanionship he has found in this girl. All you can do is let him know you love him and wish him only the best.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 8:21 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Can you maybe speak to him and explain how you want to spend time with him. But you will have to accept his partner. And why not give her the benefit of doubt and see who she really is?
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 8:24 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Yeah that is what I feel like. I can't do anything.
    AbsoluteSelf

Comment by AbsoluteSelf (original poster) at 8:21 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Mind your own business.....

Answer by older at 8:28 PM on Dec. 2, 2010