Why won't my dog leave my Christmas tree alone?

Seriously, it's like having a three year old around. He puts all his toys under there, trying to bury them under the tree skirt. I am afraid he is going to knock it down. He keeps laying under there playing with his toys. Do you suppose he thinks it's real?

pupmom

Asked by pupmom at 12:10 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Pets

• I am anxious to see how my pug reacts to the tree this year. We got her in March of this year and everything freaks her out, I have a feeling she's gnna stay away from it. She barks when people sneeze, lol. My cat on the other hand loves climbing in the tree and messing the whole thing up. I spend a lot of time decorating my tree, cuz I love Christmas, so I find myself fixing the tree constantly. I agree that they just think it's interesting having a tree in the house and most animals enjoy the outdoors and trees do come from outside. That may be what attracts them, or they just like the lights and destroying nice stuff. lol
    bphockeymom20

Answer by bphockeymom20 at 11:07 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• LOL IDK :) maybe spray it with something that your dog doesn't like the smell of...

flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 12:11 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I honestly think that dogs bug christmas trees because they think they're pretty. Our rotweilers used to just sit and stare at ours when we'd put it up and do the same things that yours does. He might even think it's neat to have an outside thing in the house. Is this the dogs first christmas?? Well here's what we did, we got a little fake one and decorated it and it was for the dogs. Yeah kinda sad but I love my dogs and want them to feel included. I also wrap toys up for them to open on Christmas day. Lol and YES they open them like little kids. It's sooo cool!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 2:35 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• haha...dogs think the smell is interesting, ....and so they must check it out, and play...and bite somtimes, just continue saying no and when she or he puts the toys under there ...grab the toys and put them up and give them to him or her later on that day. just not by the tree
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 9:37 AM on Nov. 6, 2008