Pics at a funeral

My grandma's funeral is tomorrow. My aunt is planning on taking pictures of my grandma in her casket,along with pics of the flowers.
I think this is disgusting.
What's your take on this?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 8:29 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• I agree with you, very distasteful!

Answer by older at 8:30 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I wouldn't do it you will always remember what they looked like any ways. I can close my eyes and still see my sister laying in her casket.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 8:32 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• When my uncle died his 8 year old son took several pictures at the funeral. I think it helped him cope. I don't see anything wrong with it. I took pictures at the cemetary of my grandfathers casket and all the flowers around it. He's buried next to his daughter who died when she was less than a year old. There is a picture of her casket there too before she was buried, I believe it was in the 1950's.
    FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 8:40 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My family always takes pictures. I have pictures of my mother, my father and two of my childrens funerals. I also hava video of my daughter's funeral. My three year old granddaughter did not go to her mother's funeral but someday she might want to see the video and hear the songs and the speakers.
    If your aunt wants to have pictures of her mother, that is up to her. You do not need to take any or ever look at them.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:33 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I am sorry for your loss but I do not think it is morbid. It may not be a day you want to rememeber right now but some day you may want to see the pictures. When my DS died my MIL (who loves pictures) took many pictures. I was not offended or did I think is is wrong or morbid to do so. I have not seen the pictures ever (its been over 3 yrs now) but some day I know I want to.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 9:19 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My mom took pics at my son's funeral. I didn't agree with it then, but now I am happy she did. No one has seen then except my mom, me and my husband. Its just another way to remember.
    devo3

Answer by devo3 at 9:44 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I second your response. I see no need in that at all. It's kind of morbid!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:30 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• DISRESPECTFUL
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 8:30 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Sorry for your loss btw :(
    khf22

• yea i see this done at a lot of funeral. i think it's weird too but it's what been done for many yrs and i guess the old people still carry that tradition on. i don't know that i would want to pull out pictures of my dead mother and view them with fond memories.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:34 PM on Dec. 2, 2010