birthday party.

we rented out a theater for my sons 10th birthday. it is on a sunday. I have already had kids parents calling saying kids can't make it cause of church. Would you make your kids miss a party cause of church?! seriously, church will be there next week. We are not religous and we don't force our kids to church. So I had to explain to my son why some of them can't come. He now says Church is stupid.. and he wants to tell them that..
so church or birthday party?

r00j04j08

Asked by r00j04j08 at 8:29 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• dancingbirthday sweetpeapaarrttaayy!!! little kids really dont care about church they go because of mom and dad.

maya123

Answer by maya123 at 11:32 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• i would let my kids choice, but i would go to the party,
    mommyof2bbys

Answer by mommyof2bbys at 8:40 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• meh, I wouldnt have done the party because of church goers - then again I live in "the bible belt of Texas" so I know better than to book it while church might be in session. If its not during church hours I would send a note to the kids to give to the parents to remind them of the time - or maybe you can suggest to pick up the guests
    Tonesgirl

Answer by Tonesgirl at 8:59 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Personally I would have scheduled it after church.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 9:31 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• do what you can to help your son not feel bitter. kids are very busy these days. we always have kids that miss a party because of basketball or soccer practice or a game. i have sunday parties at 2:00, to avoid church conflicts.
    my son had a sleepover birthday party and a number of kids couldn't sleep over because of sports or studies the next morning. people have standing commitments, thats all it is.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:47 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• The time was set by the theater 9am, it must be done before the 12pm showing begin.
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 10:07 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• poor you, yeah I dont know many parents that would commit to a party that early regardless of church or not
    Tonesgirl

Answer by Tonesgirl at 11:30 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Maya like that answer!!
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Dec. 5, 2010