My kids are driving me CRAZY!!...Sometimes I feel like I can't take it anymore.

Let me start and say I love my kids with all my heart. I just feel like I am drowning in my life and noone is throwing me a life jacket.

My daughter is 8 going on 28, she is strong willed and always gives me a hard time about everything..tonight it was a fit because she is not going to a birthday party. My 6 year old son is usually pretty good he can just be very annoying at times and my 3 year old son is a terror when his brother and sister are around.He is pretty good all day at home with me but just about as soon as I pick the kids up from school and we get home he yells,screams, scratches, etc...

I am a stay at home mom with very little structured support from my husband, no adult communication. I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle..I just want to curl up and cry!!

My kids are not constantly bad, I just wish I had a outlet, something I could do to get away even if it was once a week, besides grocery shopping..lol.

Are any of you moms feeling the same way as me? What do you do to try to keep your sanity? I just hate when I get to the point of physco mom..yelling and screaming because I can't take it anymore, I don't want to be that mom. I'm just at the end of my rope. Some days I want to put my youngest in daycare and get some crappy job just to get away and that is awful to say but I just don't feel loved or appreciated at all, it's like I can never do anything right or good enough.May be I'm just over emotional tonight and needed to get it out..thanks for listening.

P.S..I'll take any advice you can give..lol

Sunflower722

Asked by Sunflower722 at 8:35 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• honey i know how you feel.
    mommyof2bbys

Answer by mommyof2bbys at 8:36 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• You need some me time!

Answer by older at 8:37 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Yup feel that way alot
    Raindew

Answer by Raindew at 8:40 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• You need to give yourself a "time-out" Like you said, even if it's once a week - take your time for yourself. I've been known to say to my family, I will be very ugly if I do not get away from you. I take a book and read ~ go for lunch with friends ~ take a class at a community center. Something for me. As moms we give and give and give. Moms need to reenergize so we can continue to give.
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 8:42 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Hang in there :)
    MommyTanisha

Answer by MommyTanisha at 8:43 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Honey, you are not allow, we all go thru it...Somedays are good some not so good...My shower time is it for me..I play music, shower, wash my hair...Oh and did I forget to mention I take a glass of wine in the bathroom with me...I try to get up early on Sunday morning and watch one of my favorite movies....

Oh and WE love you, and I appreciate that you reached out to us instead of choking one of them :)
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 8:44 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I'm right there with you. Im trying to figure out the answer for that question too. I'm gonna start taking up some hobbies.
    LogansMamma0511

Answer by LogansMamma0511 at 8:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I feel your pain, I always get to hear about how lucky I am to stay at home(and I am)but I dont always feel that way. People think staying at home is easy and it is not. I got myself a gym membership with the added child care on it and it is my saving grace I go for 1-2 hours everyday and it helps a ton, not only does it keep me healthy but I can blow off some steam in my turbo kick boxing classes or just go sit in the hot tub. plus I have made a few really good friends who have kids around mines age. I cant tell you how many times even so I still look in the mirror and see ten years added to my age just from tension and stress from yelling at my kid and pregnant with my second. Its okay to feel the way you do but you will feel better if you take some time for yourself! You are important too
    scanamey77

Answer by scanamey77 at 9:21 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I've so been there. Thankfully, my guys are 15, 16, and 19 now so they're pretty independent. But when they were younger. . . . There were a few times when I had to literally leave the trailer (we were in a trailer at the time, if you can believe it) and go sit in the van so I could cool off. Breathe deeply and just try to enjoy your kids as much as possible 'cause before you know it, this too shall have passed. Maybe you guys could get outdoors for a walk or a bike ride or something. I used to have my guys go out in the front while I did some gardening. Hang in there, Mom, and just take one day at a time. You can do it!
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 9:26 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I definitely know how you feel, and I only have one child. After 20 yrs of working, I also became a SAHM six years ago when my son was born. What a shock! With little support from my husband, plus having lost touch with all my friends, and no family around the isolation left me depressed, withdrawn, and very irritable, added to that my son has special needs and requires extra specialized care, therefore daycare was not an option. I hate to admit it, but thank God for full day kindergarten, it's saved my sanity-literally, now I do lots of volunteer work and love it. It's not easy, but do what you can to find an interest or hobby completely away from the house, husband, and kids. It's not selfish to take care of Mom first, otherwise Mom can't take care of everyone else. You'll be happier and so will the rest of the family. Remember the old saying "If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" Good Luck!

Michellem1972

Answer by Michellem1972 at 5:08 AM on Dec. 3, 2010