BLOWING OUT CANDLES EVERYONE SAYS IM WRONG

I won't let my kids blow out candles on a cake or eat of a cake most ppl blow out..
I hate cake after ppl most adults blow it out..for my kids I get cupcakes instead an only blow out one cupcake..my family seems to think I'm taking the fun out of birthdays

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 8:50 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• I totally agree...I saw a report on what comes out of a mouth when blowing candles and will no look allow it
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 8:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I would have to agree with them! Blowing out the candles isn't going to hurt anyone, and the fun is making the wish...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• In my opinion you are. I think that's one of the things that make up a birthday to begin with is blowing out the candles on a cake.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 8:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I think its kind of weird, I guess I understand if people are like spitting on the cake when they blow, but most people dont do that, lol.. But I also dont see what the big deal is, you get cupcakes and they still get to blow the candle out.. Just seems like everyone in this situation is making a big deal out of nothing! Lol.. GL :)
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 8:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Its is gross when you think about. I mean they are spitting on the cake.
    MommyTanisha

Answer by MommyTanisha at 8:53 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Somehow we all survived eating countless pieces of cake that had birthday blower germs on them, lol. I'm sorry, but I think you are taking it a bit too far. I mean, its your kids, do what you want, but I think that's a little nutso and germophobic and I definitely have a pet peeve regarding germophobes...relax.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:53 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Though I can understand it is a little much - I have been doing it my whole life and everyone I know has too. Cannot recall a single time anyone had anything fatal let alone even get sick. I mean really when are you ordering the bubble lol.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 8:53 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• FYI they have super cute little cakes. My kids share a birthday so I get a big cake form Costco ( cause they are yummy) and get them each their own little cake. So they can spit away. lol
    MommyTanisha

Answer by MommyTanisha at 8:54 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I can see your point, however even when people are just talking these germs and saliva are spread out of the mouth, I seen a show that had people talk to each other from a normal distance away, then they analyzed their shirts and all the people had the other persons saliva on their shirt. So in reality, who ever is making your cake, or icing it ends up with their germs on it. I really don't see what it will hurt unless the kid is sick or something. But I also don't think the cupcake thing is a bad idea. I was a cake decorator at a local bakery and that is becoming pretty common anyway. I have made cupcakes and shaped them into a guitar for my daughters birthday, they can be fun, we still did the candles thing though.

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 9:01 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I agree with your family....

Answer by older at 9:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2010