How would I go about planning for a 2nd child?

I already have one. And we are thinking of another. I do not know where to begin. I mean about how to take care of a newborn and young child that the same time.

AbsoluteSelf

Asked by AbsoluteSelf at 8:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• You kind of just.....do it. It's scary at first. The thought of going to the store by myself with both kids was absolutely TERRIFYING at first! But once i did it, it wasn't so bad! You figure out what works for you and it just becomes normal. Now i'm getting worried about doing it with THREE kids though! Lol!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 8:58 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• How old is your first child??..will you have any help during the day??..
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 8:54 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Because I was separated from my husband after the second birth, I had to learn how to handle two on my own for the first six months. Do not forget the oldest. Make them included. My oldest was almost 3 when her little sister was born. She brought me diapers, wipes, and pacifiers when I needed them. When the baby gets older (about 6 months) it does get easier. They can keep each other company while you handle some personal matters (shower, bathroom). Going to stores haven't been hard for me. I place the baby in the buggy and the oldest walks next to me. If you have the same sex for the second time, it is soo much cheaper. I found old clothes and now store clothes the first one grows out of.
    janel09

Answer by janel09 at 9:11 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I got pregnant with my 2nd when my 1st was 20 months old. In my opinion it was the perfect timing. They have been great with each other.

I would get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility. Learn about charting and then when your ready just...GO FOR IT...You will figure it out.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 9:15 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I would say to just go for it when you wish to. You will know when the time is right for both of you and your young child and remember that conception doesn't always happen on the first try so it may take a matter of months or more before you actually have your second little munchkin! Have fun trying!
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 9:57 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Well my first child is 3 months, but I am not talking about one right now! We are just planning for the furture. And it will be all me taking care of the children.
    AbsoluteSelf

Comment by AbsoluteSelf (original poster) at 8:58 PM on Dec. 2, 2010