my puppy is still missing :(

My Puggle has been missing for over a week now. He is 1 yr old, so i guess hes not really a puppy anymore.. i miss him so much!! He got out of the fence.. and strangely no one has seen him.. hes not at the vet, nothing!! I cant figure out what happened to him.. he weighs about 20 pounds so maybe he got into the woods and didnt come out.. even though the nearest woods are a few miles from here.. anyway,

how do you tell your 5yr old & 3yr old he isnt coming back? my 1yr old doesnt understand so thats good.. I feel like 9 days is a long time to be gone.. its been cold.. and snowy, rainy..

mohme2three

Asked by mohme2three at 8:58 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Pets

• Have you called the local dog pound or any animal shelters.
    suelo74

Answer by suelo74 at 9:20 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I am so sorry, but ask your neighbors if they have seen him, it looks like someone might have taken him.

Answer by older at 9:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Stolen, or coyotes... A puggle isn't going to survive in that type of climate either, we have the same weather here. Was there evidence that he escaped, or do you feel he has been taken out of the yard? It happens pretty frequently. I know a husky, a yorkie and a german shepherd that were taken out of yards. One was returned-the husky. The other two never made it home : ( I also know two min. schnauzers were taken out of a car in a parking lot last summer. Very sad.

I think you explain to children this young age that he went out for a walk and that you think he was found by some people who just don't know where to return him to his home, but that he is being well cared for and loved and in a good home with them now.

And you can tie it into a lesson for your 5 year old...without traumatizing her of course, how it is important for her to know her phone number and address too, so she can tell someone if she is lost!

spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 12:25 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Have you called the Shelter? I hope you find him.
    SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 1:37 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• We call the shelter daily, and have gone to look. He is microchipped, and he hasnt been turned in anywhere according to the 24 hour pet watch!... :( thanks.. and i agree.. i think someone stole him. I hope thats the case and not coyotes!
    mohme2three

Comment by mohme2three (original poster) at 5:48 PM on Dec. 3, 2010