Any moms have a fast labor?

Hi, I was just wondering because I had 2 fast labors. My first labor was about 4 hours long w/ meds. The second was only 2 hrs, and all natural. Not by choice. Yes they were short, but VERY intense! Constant contractions with no breaks. There was no beginning labor. Just "BAM" ...HARD LABOR. I just wanted to know if anyone else experienced the same thing and do you have other mothers say they hate you because they had a long labor LOL

RubyBlue82

Asked by RubyBlue82 at 9:02 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Me, first one was 3 hours, second was 2, and third one was a c section.

Answer by older at 9:03 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• HELL NO :( I WISH !!!!!! Hopefully it is for me this time April
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 9:03 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Yep, both my boys were about 4 hour labors! With my second, i was dialated to a 5 and had NO idea til i went in for a regular checkup appointment! He was born a few hours later! My mom doesn't say she hates me for it, but i have friends that have AWFUL labors that are a bit bitter! Lol!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 9:04 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• jealous. my first was 56 hours. are you kidding me? did they really let me lay there for that many days?? lol.. I was induced however, and it just DRAGGED ON AND ON AND ON!!!! my second was 40 something hours...again i was induced and it dragged...now w/ this one.. i will NOT be getting induced unless I have to like i had to w/ the others!! ugh!
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 9:06 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Yes, about 3 hours
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:09 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• my 3rd baby just fell out less than an hour after my water broke. i had time to take a shower and that was about it! the midwife had not even arrived yet, but dh had gotten home about 5 minutes before she was born. our babysitter caught her : )
    and now our babysitter is a doula!
    all the others were easy...but not very short.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:13 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My twins were 5 hrs and second pregnancy was 5 1/2 hrs
    devo3

Answer by devo3 at 9:35 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My DD, my only, was 6 hours. I was shocked that it happend so quick. I know that there are those who delivered quicker, but for me it was fast. Started of kinda slow but as soon as I got to the hospital...in 1 hour she was here!! I am sure that the other Mom's do not hate you for it. It is just a saying and I think a better way of saying it would be, I wish mine was like that. Don't take it personal...no biggie!! =-)
    ErinsMomma1

Answer by ErinsMomma1 at 9:38 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• For the mothers that did have short labors, did you find them to be extremely intense or were they too short to even remember?
    RubyBlue82

Comment by RubyBlue82 (original poster) at 9:39 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I had 4 hour labors. The first one wasn't bad, The second was was as you described. Very intense contractions with little to no breaks between them. BUT, I was still called a biotch by my friends/family.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:03 PM on Dec. 2, 2010