For those of you that are Christians?

Just wondering how many of you actually care if non-Christians (got to say that right or people will be offended) celebrate The Holiday (Christmas)? I keep seeing these silly posts and wondering where its coming from what do I care if non-Christians celebrate. Its truly not a Christian holiday nor a Pagan one but a combo of them both so why is it so hard to believe that is celebrated by both?

MommyTanisha

Asked by MommyTanisha at 9:09 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I have no problem with people celebrating the holiday. Its when people make fun of it or are intentionally mean that I don't particularly care for them.
    Also, I hate it when people say Xmas...but I've always hated that, ever since I was a little girl...just seems so lazy to me! (has nothing to do with the fact that I'm a Christian)
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 9:11 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I do not care if non Christians celebrate the Tradition of Christmas. Giving gifts is fun. Especially when its for your children....... BTW, Christmas is a Christian Holiday. It is celebrating the Birth of Jesus Christ.
    eluc

Answer by eluc at 9:13 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Christ was born in the spring not in the winter. Tress, halo's, stars just to name a couple are all Pagan symbols. Santa Clause well everyone knows that story.
    MommyTanisha

Comment by MommyTanisha (original poster) at 9:16 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Christmas is a Christian Holiday. It is celebrating the Birth of Jesus Christ.

Yes but it was a rip-off of the pagan tradition of Saturnalia in order to draw more converts. Jesus wasn't even born in Winter.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:17 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• i could not care less who celebrates Christmas or how they celebrate it so long as i can keep celebrating it the way i always have. but then ive thought about bringing other religion' s holidays into my house as fun learning purposes so i guess im a little biased haha.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:22 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• i don't care what people celebrate either. i understand that many of our traditions have pagan origins...
    i would really love to celebrate holi, it looks like sooo much fun!
    we celebrate diwali with our neighbors...and 4th of july too.
    i do not care for people making derogatory comments against other people, religions or cultures.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:22 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• There are about 3 people who care. Unfortunately, they post about it about a dozen times a day between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:36 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I am a Christian and I am happy anytime people gather together and celebrate and enjoy their family....
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:37 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• While very few do care, we have several family members who are Christian. They really don't care that we are not Christians celebrating their holiday, they are just happy to share the day with their loved ones, regardless of religion. They would rather see their non-Christian children and grandchildren on that day than have us skip it because we don't share the same reason for celebration.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 9:41 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• i don't care what anyone celebrates, as long as they give me a fabulous gift wrapped in a pretty bow!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2010