How do you deal with a pathological liar?

My sister\roommate is mentally about 9. She lies constantly. Yesterday she was supposed to give me some grocery money (our Mom manages her SSI). I know she had $160 at the beginning of the day and she spent $40 at the pet store. When I asked her for the grocery money she gave me $80 and told me that was all she had. A few minutes later I turned around to see her tuck a wad of cash into her sweater pocket. Our Mom had told her to give me $100. Then she turns around and goes back to the pet store and buys a whole bunch more stuff! When I asked her about it she told me she returned some stuff from her first trip to the pet store. When I asked her what she returned she named a $12 item. And she came back with a whole brown bag full of stuff.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• If your mom manages the money, can she keep the grocery money in the future?
    ModernMommie

Answer by ModernMommie at 9:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Weird, find a new roomie
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 9:11 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I'm with ModenMommie...tell you mom to keep whatever monies are to be given to you and only give her, her spending money.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 9:17 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• It's very frustrating!! I actually have a good friend who is a pathological liar. She is a good person but lies constantly, never about anything meaningful or serious but it drives me crazy!!

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:19 PM on Dec. 2, 2010