Why can't you just be normal? (For Non-Christians)

Okay, partial rant here... If one more person tells me I need to just "be normal" (meaning be Christian) I think I just might stab someone!

Is this something everyone gets told, or do these assholes save it for me? I just got a message informing me that "Good parents" are Christian and if I really loved my kids I would just "be normal" for their sakes...

Seriously?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 9:10 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• An email from someone on here? I would so delete and block! That's what really cracks me up though... how DO we really know what NORMAL is?
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• sidesplittinglaughteryou are normal!

Answer by older at 9:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Define normal.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 9:15 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I know this post said for non-christians, but my curiosity got the best of me and I couldn't help but click.
    To the people who said that to you, I can only say that if they read their bibles they would learn that to be Christ-like is to be non-judgmental and to love everyone like the family that they are (according to the bible you are a child of God, everyone is, not trying to force it on you). So yeah, they definitely aren't being nice and loving so....just forget about them.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 9:15 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• BUMP BUMP BUMP

TOO FUNNY.

I'm atheist so I get jerks like that all the time.
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 9:15 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• wow. thats so offensive. i hate that someone said that to you. and if someone ever said that to me, first id probably smack them and second i would prove to them all the ways that Christianity isnt normal.
    milkieshakes

Answer by milkieshakes at 9:15 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• oh, and please forgive me for reading and answering even though I don't fit your criteria, lol...couldn't help myself. I wanted to speak up for those of us Christians who aren't like that...few though we are!
    an-apple-a-day

• sorry someone said that to you. you seem to be strong enough to not take it to heart though.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:16 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• You are normal, in my eyes.. :)
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 9:17 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• NORMAL... It depends on your perspective doesn't it ? However,---intolerance is always ABNORMAL, I think.
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 9:18 PM on Dec. 2, 2010