how do i know when its time?

I lost my boyfriend of almost 8 years just over a year ago to a four wheeling accident.... a week after we found out we were expecting. I have his daughter who is just over 5 months old. Do you think that its to soon to start dating? He was my high school sweetheat, and if i was to start dating.... i have no clue how?! he was the only guy i was ever with!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• oh sweetie! I'm sorry for your loss! I cannot even imagine being you and that happening just after you found out you were expecting! :*( that brought tears to my eyes!

IMO only you will know when you are ready. I wouldn't go out looking for dates, but if someone happened to show up and ask me out, I'd give it a shot. :) you'll never know if you don't try kind of attitude.

so I guess my advice is don't go out actively looking but don't be opposed to it should the opportunity arise.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 12:24 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• If you are comfortable with dating, then go ahead! I would go for casual, perhaps double dates with friends; or meet people for coffee.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• im so sorry for your loss . . god definitaly left you a gift a little bit of him to keep with you . . . when it come's to dating again don't rush you definitaly want to look for someone who can be there for you and your daughter . . . if you think your ready start slow go out with friends and just casually meet people chat try to find someone who you can just be friends with nothing sexual get to know them for a bit let them know your situation see how they feel about children . . this may sound bad and im not trying for it too but there may be some men around there that may have lost a wife or gf and may be in a postition you were in and you could both have someone to talk to and coop with your loss . . good luck sweetie
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I know how you feel. I lost my BF to a heart attack 4 years ago. Our kids were 6, 4, and not quite 1 year old.
    All I can tell you is keep it casual. I started dating about a year after he passed, and it was more of a need for companionship that I missed with him.
    And as the other ladies here said.. as long as YOU are comfortable dating again - it's okay.
    Feel free to PM me if you want to chat.
    4xmommy2008

Answer by 4xmommy2008 at 12:38 AM on Nov. 6, 2008