What is a fair pay for hiring someone to help me clean my home?

I have a 4 bed/2 bath home one story. 3 rooms are not big at all and I do not have much in my home right now.

I am a SAHM of 3 small kids. My hubby works long hours and I take care of everything else and I mean everything else, so I get behind on cleaning at times.

We are on a budget and can't afford a cleaning service, besides I would be helping the person clean my home. Just having someone here will help me stay motivated.

I would need someone for about 4-5 hours and my home is not cluttered or disorganized. I would also include lunch. What would be a fair amount ?

ADD: cleaning services locally would charge me $65 to clean my home with out my help.

giftofgiving

Asked by giftofgiving at 9:38 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I am a house cleaner doing it on my own now for 10 yrs. Personally I charge $16 per hour so that would equal around $80 from me! If it is around a holiday I usually get a tip on top of the clean. I do not ask but my customers do it on there own. Lowest was around $20 and so far my highest was $200 :-) and that is on top of my hourly pay! That one was a surprise to me!!!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 9:50 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Doesn't matter what size the house is: it matters what the hourly wage is. If you pay minimum wage, expect untalented, slow work. If you pay about double that, they should be professional and fast.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 9:43 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I'm guessing about $100 minimum, but you can have a couple of people come and give you estimates. Depends on what you want done.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:40 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I would say Minimum wage hourly.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 9:40 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• 100 should be the least. My friend who cleans houses for living and makes a really good income gets no less then 100.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 9:41 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I think the going rate here is anywhere from 15-20 an hour....
    annabsmommy

Answer by annabsmommy at 10:15 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I know my friend how does this charges no less than $16/hr and no windows! Lol. The more you offer the better and more professional the cleaner should be. Good luck
    elyssek832

Answer by elyssek832 at 11:19 PM on Dec. 2, 2010