I have an interview tomorrow. This is my first job in 3 years (been a sahm)...could someone practice with me?

It's only for a general warehouse position at a home depot warehouse, but I still want to blow them away at the interview. I have trouble with eye contact unless I feel comfortable and interviews arent all the same so if I know what to expect (cliche questions like "so why did you apply here") I will be more confident!

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 9:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Money & Work

• Be sure to be knowledgeable about the company you are interviewing with - if you are nervous, try to control it.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:05 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• What are your best and worst quality. Name 3? I get that question all the time when I interview.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 10:02 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I have great interpersonal skills
    I pay close attention to quality
    I am good at time management

worst qualities.......hmmmmmmmmm
    I hate that trick question
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 10:15 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Describe a situation where you had to choose between what you believe and what you were told to do...

How do you handle conflict between co-workers?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:20 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• wow linda good ones! I'll have to think about the first one. Not a question I could answer on the spot.

second question: when it came to conflict between workers, if it was an issue outside of work I told them to leave it outside of work. If it was work related I would listen to their concerns and suggest methods they could handle so the job could be done in a productive and timely manner....
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 10:57 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Q's coming from an HR Director (which is me of course... Tehehe....)...
    What are your top 3 goals to accomplish over the next 5 years, personally and/or professionally?
    Tell me about a time you've misjudged someone either personally or professionally and what you learned from the situation.
    Tell me about the best supervisor you've ever had. What made him/her your favorite?
    Tell me about the worst supervisor you've ever had. What caused him/her to be the worst?

I have a bunch more but these are currently my personal deal makers and/or breakers.

Good Luck!!!
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 2:17 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• G/L
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 6:43 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Here are some common ones:

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    What is your weakness?
    Tell us about yourself.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:25 AM on Dec. 3, 2010