does the court give custody of children to the father just because the mother is to young

i am 19 and the father of my son is 24. Im really afraid that he will get custody of my son because he is a school teacher (thats where we met) and he works for the state. I dont have a job yet, but Ive been looking.

khiismylife4eva

Asked by khiismylife4eva at 8:36 PM on Jul. 5, 2008 in About CafeMom

• It all depends on who is more responsible and can better provide a safe and healthy home for the child. Age should not be a factor as you are over 18 and a legal adult.
    mommy_of3boys

Answer by mommy_of3boys at 9:34 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• no can get joint costudy or you full an guy weekends.work something out good.if dad is a good guy.if not get legal advise soon.been there dun that.good luck sweety
    supermama65

Answer by supermama65 at 10:58 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• No.If you are a caring mother, you will gain the primary custody.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 6:38 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Well, you not having a job WILL factor into it. They will look at it as him being able to provide for monetary things. I would suggest you get a job quick, even if it's just a fast food job. When you have kids to support nothing is beneath you. Good luck hon.
    mandjsmama

Answer by mandjsmama at 10:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2008