How could someone justify a 13 yr old rape victim having the baby as opposed to abortion?

They say that the clump of undeveloped cells that will eventually turn into a fetus is an innocent and doesn't deserve to die. What about the poor 13 yr old girl that has already gone through hell and back? Its dangerous enough just for her to have that baby!! Why can't she just end her trauma as soon as possible without being persecuted for the rest of her life for being a "baby killer"? It disgusts me. I'm talking about my niece by the way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well let's all jump on the right-to-life bandwagon! Okay, let's force this child--little more than a baby herself to go through a pregnancy her still developing body is not ready to carry yet. Let's put her through the pain of her skin stretching beyond its capacity, and force her to bear the stretch marks as a reminder of this pregnancy for the rest of her life. Then let's make this innocent child go through the pain of childbirth--pain that causes many grown women to scream, curse, yell and act insane. But it's okay--the end justifies the means-right? Okay, now the baby is here...WHAT?? Well heck no, I'M NOT GOING TO ADOPT IT! What? She has decided to keep the baby? Why that no good welfare mother, using MY tax money to support her illegitimate child!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I believe she should be able to! I do not think it is right to force her to go through all that mental anguish of going through that pregnancy if she does not want to. Your niece is in my thoughts and prayers! I feel so sad that she was forced to grow up so soon! :*(
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 12:33 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• that would be so terrible I am sorry for that. :( But i still feel its not the baby's fault, clump of cells my ass. I'm sorry but that baby didn't ask for that. but your niece or whoever can do what they want.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Oh, that poor girl! You're right, your neice doesn't deserve to be persecuted.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 12:34 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I think that every rape victim has a right to get an abortion no matter what the age!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:43 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• i think abortion is wrong!!! its not the babys fault..Im sorry for her problem and everythign but that baby deserves a chance...THERES ADOPTION...if she plans on abortion then show her some pictures of babies not being born because of abortion..that will probably make her decideto make up her mind
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Yeah, like after what she has already gone through i'm going to show her pictures of aborted babies. Thats the best way to show my niece some compassion right? I know it wasn't the fetus's fault, but it wasn't hers either. Its not like she asked for this to happen to her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• policies are not made based on edge cases
    that being said, i'm so sorry for that poor girl having to cope with that trauma
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• That is between her and her parents. No one else. No one has the right to question anyone else's decision. Why ask this? No one can truthfully answer that question unless they have been in her shoes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Why should any rape victim have to live with that going on in their bodys for 9 months!!! Rape and incest and medical reasons are the reasons that abortion should be legal!!! Otherwise I do not agree with it at all!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 1:03 AM on Nov. 6, 2008