Would you agree SO get a Vasectomy? adult content

Or do they already got it done? if so ... doesnt take long for them to heal? lot of pain? just wondering. Me & my SO had discuss about it before, he has thou about gettin it done. its kind of scary and i wonder WHAT IF in future we decide to want another baby, we may not now and think we dont want anymore but theres always that WHAT IF.

not sure where question would fit in, so put on relationship.

20_mama_3

Asked by 20_mama_3 at 10:38 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• If you have doubts DON'T DO IT.
    mommy6xover

Answer by mommy6xover at 10:41 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I would not have it done unless you are 100% Positive you do not want anymore kids! i had my Tubes-Tied & i never went through any What If's- You will know when you are ready- Good Luck!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:44 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• DH doesn't want it. We will probably do Essure as well at some point.
    I used to do the pre-op consults for vasectomies, and I've performed them. It really is a very minor procedure, and the recovery is pretty smooth. Most guys are back to work the following day. It takes about 8 weeks after the procedure to be clear of sperm. They have to do two post-op samples to make sure their semen is clear.
    If you're not certain about whether you want more kids, IUD might be a better option, and it's also more effective than a vas or a tubal. It's immediately reversible, and you only have to think about it every 5 or 10 years, and they can easily take the one out and put another right back in.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• When we are sure that we are done having babies DH is getting it done, we have already agreed on that. As far as things not being the same afterwards part goes-well things weren't the same after I had a baby either-we adjusted and life is good now. It is so much less invasive for a man to get a vasectomy than for a woman to get a tubal-besides I had the babies so I think he can suck it up-haha
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 1:38 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• HOnestly my husband and I talked about it and he has asked his friends who have had it done and they all say it doesn' t feel the same for them anymore. My husband isn't getting it done and we aren't sure if were done yet so were holding off til we know for sure. I owuld probably just do essure since it involves no cutting
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 10:41 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My dh wouldn't do it unless I can't. Here's a spin for you : more and more insurab0nce companies are starting to deny tubals because the cost is higher is more invasive ...the guys are cheaper lol. I understand the boys are tender for a dew days but a friend of mine is getting it done his dr said it could be done on Friday and he can go back to work on Monday. Awesome huh?
    elyssek832

Answer by elyssek832 at 10:43 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• When we are done having children, we have agreed that he will get a vasectomy. It just makes the most sense.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 10:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My Hubby had one 3 years ago, and I had sometimes wished he hadn't. But I can't change what's already done, and I can't have babies anymore anyway. It took me about a year to get over the regret. We talked it over, and came to the decision together, so it wouldn't have been fair of me to tell him how sad I was after the fact.
    As for pain, he was off of work for about 4 days, he had it done on a Thursday, and went back to work on that following Monday. He was fine, just had to rest, and not do any heavy lifting. My Hubby is really active so keeping him down was the hardest part.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My husband and I have talked about it, but he said one day he may want another child, so he doens't want to go through the surgery just to decide later he made a mistake. But my friends husband just had it done and he was out of work for only 3 days (including the day he had it done). It took about an hour then she took him home for the actual surgery. She said after a week it was still pretty painful, but he could walk around. I would say at least 2 weeks till they are back to light running and such. He is our son's football coach and at the 3rd practice after his surgery he was back to running around with the boys.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 10:46 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• When we are positive we are done having kids my husband will have a vasectomy. The out of pocket difference, between a tubal and a vasectomy is about $1000 with our insurance.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 10:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2010