Good gift for Grandma from infant?

Every year for Christmas I always get my mom one really good gift that is so sentimental in value, that she cries. Haha its kind of become a "goal" of mine to get her a gift that makes her cry. Well this year I am out of luck. I already got her the book she wanted, and that is from me, and now I'm trying to think of something for my son to get her (he's only 16 months) that she would really love. I was thinking an ornament of his hand print of something but I'd like her to be able to use it all year...and I don't want to get something super expensive. Any ideas?

Ash9724

Asked by Ash9724 at 10:46 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Holidays

• Honestly, I'd go with the ornament (and not just because I can't think of anything else, lol) but I'd go with it because then every year she'll take it out of its box and she'll flashback to when she got it and get all mushy again. Its like giving her a gift that makes her cry for the rest of her life! lol
    If not an ornament, then some kind of seasonal decoration, something for the wall maybe?
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 10:49 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Why don't you get a picture/ hand or foot print combo. We got one at babies r us. On one side you put a picture, and on the other side is a clay imprint of their tiny foot. It is super cute.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 10:49 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• A picture in a special frame? That's what I would want.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:48 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My mom's favorite Christmas present from DD was a "Grandma's brag book". I can't remember where we got it, but it was a little book (just the size of regular pics) with hard covers & sleeves inside for about 20 pictures. She loved that it was small enough to carry in her purse so she could always have her favorite pictures of DD to whip out & brag to anyone who will listen. She still carries it!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 10:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I got a paving stone kit that we are going to put DD's hand print. In and then it has these cute tile mosaic pieces. Then my mom can put it in the garden and enjoy it all year.

My mom is a gift cryer too. We always joke and say, "another macaroni necklace!" because she would cry when we made them for her in kindergarten and is still the same way.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:00 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I got mine a little book that u can put a pic n the bk of. As u turn the pages it has his face n different bkgrounds. It's just a small square cardboard thing it was really cute & she loved it. By the way, I got it at the $ Store 4 like a $.
    amy197

Answer by amy197 at 1:17 AM on Dec. 3, 2010