WOULD YOU?????

Knowing what you know now about fast food, especially the ever so popular McDonald's...will you let your toddler get a happy meal every now and then or are you totally over McDonald's. I heard one commentator say that the Ronald McDonald House exists because McDonald's makes kids sick... what do you think?

MomInc

Asked by MomInc at 10:47 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• yes i do. we try to eat as healthy as possible, but like once a month we might go there. especially if we are out and about and no time to stop for anything else. it is only incredibly unhealthy if its a overdone. moderation is key
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 10:50 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My daughter doesn't know that McDonalds exists...that being said, we go to Wendy's once a week where she gets a chicken nuggets kids meal after church.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 10:50 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I avoid it as much as humanly possible, but he's had a few visits to McDonald's, maybe 3 or 4. We really avoid fast food. I make my food from scratch, and I don't use processed foods (often, anyway!). DS is 2, and he's in awesome shape.
    I can definitely see where that commentator was coming from! It's amazing what people think is "normal" food, and how it contributes to the obesity rate in this country.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I would still let them get a happy meal every now and then. I mean I think we have taken this to far. We need to let kids be kids. Let them run outside and play, get dirty and have fun and eat a cheeseburger and french fries every now and then.

JMO, I still let my kids eat taht if they want. They have gotten older and don't like McDonalds as much as they used to. Also I think it is said that someone would say something bad about the Ronald McDonalds House. They have done good for so many families and I don't think all the families they help are from kids that have eaten at a McDonalds. I have a cousin whose family stayed at one because his baby girl was born with a heart problem and needed surgery. She never ate at a McDonalds in her life and they helped her family, so I think that is crazy talk.

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Yes McDonalds is okay as long as it is not too often.
    mommy6xover

Answer by mommy6xover at 10:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I think it is fine, as long as it isn't often and they don't get sick. I have a sensitive stomach and virtually every time I eat fast food I feel sick after.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 10:54 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Yes we do. Everything in moderation.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 11:19 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• haha I feel like everything is killing you in one way or another... because that is always going to be the end result.... so much research contradicts itself, so in our lifestyles moderation is key. But we are alive right now, so why not live a little while we are here :). McDonalds every now and then is ok in our house... but we try to eat healthy when we can.
    Mrs.KV

Answer by Mrs.KV at 11:22 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• We avoid it. Last year around this time DD ask what resolutions were. We explained it and our family resolution was no MCD for a whole year. Throught the year it became no fast food. Well When school started up DD sunday school class had a party and the teacher bought the kids happy meals. DD asked if she could have it and I said yes, if she wanted it. She felt sick for 2 days. She no longer wants fast food ever.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 11:54 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I can't remember the last time we went to McDonald's but it's not because it's forbidden. We just prefer to eat at other places (and if we're going for fast food burgers we're going to Burger King or Culver's when we lived in Chicago). But I see nothing wrong with McDonalds once in awhile.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:55 PM on Dec. 2, 2010