Well my fiance graduates bootcamp for the navy in great lakes IL december 22. Sadly just found out can't go to finacial and home issues, he has already got it set up to take a 12 day leave before he goes to A school. so how will he be able to get home if we can't go up and get him? does he get a chance to get a plane ticket that day?

tammygal12209

Asked by tammygal12209 at 10:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Probably not. I graduated boot camp in 2003, things may have changed, but I was a grad-and-go division and had to leave for A school that day, then could take leave from Pensacola...some divisions have a couple of days before they leave base. Write a letter to him and ask. You have time to get a reply.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 11:16 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• You said he has 12 days leave before A school so technically he can. He just has to have the money and make the arrangements for plane or bus. and then report to A school on time.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:18 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• This brings back memoires, as my husband went to Navy boot camp in Great Lakes, IL 30 yrs. ago! He and I were engaged also, and I didn't get to attend. His mom and stepdad drove up to see him & bring him back.

I agree w/the answers above. He should have plenty of time to make travel arrangements before he must report back for A school. Best wishes to you & your fiance'. I loved being a Navy wife!
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 7:21 AM on Dec. 3, 2010