Looking for a good table/chair set for my 16 month old

Does anyone have suggestions for a good table and chair set for a young toddler? My son is 16 months old and he likes to play with and sit on the tables at the library, so I thought I would get him his own set for Christmas. We need it to be study enough if he ever gets rough with them (kids can be tough on their things!) Got any suggestions?

Sebbiemama

Asked by Sebbiemama at 10:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• every time I go to Toys 'R' Us they have this really nice mini wooden set...or there are some thick plastic ones that would be sturdy enough for him :) I'd try there
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 10:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Ikea!
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 10:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I recommend anything from Step 2. They aren't the prettiest things, but everything we have from them has held up nicely though two very rough boys. They have a few desk options, but I recommend getting the naturally playful picnic table, especially if she has other children over very often. It seats 6 children and can be used for everything from arts and crafts to snacks.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 10:57 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Ikea, $20! The Montessori school we're going to bought the $20 Ikea sets and sawed off the bottom of the legs to make them extra short, they are perfect and very sturdy.
    RozyMama

Answer by RozyMama at 10:57 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• We bought ours at Ikea. Then we don't worry too much about the crayon and such that gets all over it! It's really sturdy. We did a mix and match thing.  Here's what we got:

Chair and table

They have lots of different colors in these!

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Thanks! Yeah, I was looking at the Ikea stuff online, but I wasn't sure how sturdy those legs look - do the Ikea children's chair hold up? The Lack side table is a great idea - we actually have the coffee and end tables right now in our living room. :) I'll have to check out Toys R Us also and Step 2 (maybe for some ourdoor fun when summer comes). Thanks ladies!
    Sebbiemama

Comment by Sebbiemama (original poster) at 11:15 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Go to www.amazon.com for the most choices and best prices! I'm addicted, I've done all my holiday shopping there haha
    ours

Answer by ours at 11:26 PM on Dec. 2, 2010