Who has went to Picture People and got pictures done by them

were they good,were the people nice and friendly.Am thinking about getting pictures done there with the family that includes a 4year old and soon to be 15 month old and am just wondering if that's a good place to go for kids pictures.

Ananomys

Asked by Ananomys at 10:57 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Holidays

• I used to go there all the time. We don't have them around anymore so I can't tell you how they are now. When we did I used them alot and they were good. I would say you have to know what you want and don't be afraid to tell them.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• One of my friends goes there constantly. They were nice. They do nice pics. However, they are more pricey than other places.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 11:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I have used their photo services and I always left with good photos. I think they are slightly pricer than some places too. My experience at these places also depended heavily on the photographer. Some photographers just have a better eye, do better poses and most importantly, have better timing. You should ask around your church/school/neighborhood and find out if any moms have been there, and if so, who they recommend.

Kiddie Kandids is another chain that does similar work. I personally find that Kiddie Kandids was a little cheaper, and they did closer photos. Picture people photos are take from a little more distance, unless it is a close up head shot...just my experience. And both are just fine, it is just an observation. I also know if you like props in the photos, to bring some of your own, if you want them. And really pay attention to the clothing to get a good photo too. Avoid whites and pastels if possible!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:49 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• We don't have any of those around here. Try seeing if they have samples on their website or if they have a Merchant Circle profile, if anyone has left a bad review.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:09 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• We go often. I love the photos. They are way better than any of the other chain photography studios. If you go to www.retailmenot.com or go to their site and sign up for their email alerts you can get a six sheet portrait package of the same pose for $18 right now. There is also a 30% off additional sheets coupons. I did my photos recently they let me use both at the same time too just not 30% off the $18. If that helps any. The coupon said you couldnt but they didnt question it. The pictures are so cute you always end up spending much much more than you intended so its never a bad idea to have a coupon lol.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 1:17 AM on Dec. 5, 2010