Pet/Child Christmas Photo Fun...Stick In The Muds Need Not Answer!

Having fun planning my annual Christmas photo with children and the pets and I am not really not interested in any grumpy gus responses please. If you don't like this idea, just move on to the next question! 

So, I will have 3 dogs, 1 pony, 1 cat and 2 children pose together in front of our home. The children are dressed casually, in sweaters and the dogs will probably  (if all goes well) be holding big red and gold christmas ornaments in their mouths by the string loop.

I just really can't make up my mind on the theme this year, so I thought I would get some help deciding what would be the most fun for this photo from the following choices..or other ideas welcome!

1. Wreaths around the pet's necks- they are made from light garland and are proportional in size to each animal.

2. Santa hats on everyone. Or elf hats on the animals only.

3. Winter scarves in fun patterns/ coordinating colors on everyone

spottedpony

Asked by spottedpony at 11:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• how about antler hat on the horse (he's a reindeer!), elf hats on the dogs and cats, and then something else for the kids? If you have a boy and girl, they could be Mr. and Mrs. Clause. Two boys could be Santa and Jack Frost. Two girls....I have no idea, so I hope you don't have two girls!
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 11:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I love the winter scarves idea. I think you have a better chance of them staying on. The wreaths around the neck sound mean, even if they are lightweight, and I have never had any luck keeping hats on my pets.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 11:02 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I like the scarf idea too :D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I think it would be adorable with the scarves,I like that one. :)
    Ananomys

Answer by Ananomys at 11:10 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Gee....why did you get all pissy about "stick in the muds" and "grumpy Gus" etc. when asking about Christmas cards? LOL. I thought this was going to be something dirty.....hehehe.

They all sound like good ideas.I am a fan of Santa Hats,though. But they 're all cute.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:19 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• winter scarves, heck I cant even get my pet to stand still for one second let alone wear a hat or hold a wreath in his mouth...have fun
    Anonymous

• @kerp - because I'm a "stick in the mud" who told her to keep the accesories out because the picture will be crazy busy enough with all the animals & kids and whatnot the first time she asked this question!
    Anonymous

• I like the antlers on the horse...and the whole north pole family idea, very funny! I might try that one.

Looks like scarves are the winner here.

And Kerp, I tried to get a response in a different category, same question but the basic response was "Dont do it." Well, I wouldn't be asking your preference if I didn't want to do this, now would I?...hence the reference to grumpy gusses and sticks in the mud..nothing dirty...sorry to disappoint. I am just trying to get into the spirit and have some Christmas fun.

Okay, thanks all...great ideas! I love the doggie photo too!
    spottedpony

Comment by spottedpony (original poster) at 11:33 PM on Dec. 2, 2010