pregnant dog

I bought a Schnauzer from a family friend I asked the most important questions such as potty trained, up to date on shots, and spayed. She told me all her dogs had been fixed so no possibilities of pregnancy and that she needed a parvo shot so as soon as I got her my dad gave her the parvo shot and never thought to see if she was fixed turns out she is preg. and it is to late to get her spayed I have a vet visit on Monday my question is will the shot effect her pups I will be asking the vet as well I just need to know what to expect when I go to the vet.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Pets

• The puppies should be fine.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:43 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I agree, the puppies should be fine. I'm sorry the previous owner lied to you. Personally, I would see about at least having them help you cover the cost of raising the puppies (ei food, shots).
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 8:38 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I called the lady and told her why she lied to me that it was the first question I asked her because I didnt want any surprises do to the fact the having to get vet care on both momma and puppies that include first shots and puppy food and etc comes out to a lot of money. Her response was she as well doesn't know how the dog got pg if she was spayed and I was mad by that point and told her I wasent dumb my dad is a rancher and he already looked for the scar but I guess it's okay the puppies are on their way and we just have to wait for their arrival and to find them homes
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:55 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Sorry you got shafted like that, but on the bright side, at least this little girl is in a responsible home now.The vaccine shouldn't affect the puppies but like you already intend to do, double check with the vet. Maybe take in or have written down which vaccine your dad used, ie - the company that manufactured it, lot number that sort of stuff. Good luck with the babies.
    jojuzach

Answer by jojuzach at 9:54 PM on Dec. 6, 2010