Which holiday do you feel is the most over-rated?

Do you think it's the holiday in December because that's the upcoming holiday?

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 11:30 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Holidays

• Thanksgiving. I think the history is really sad, and I don't see why we would celebrate the massacre of Native Americans. I'm thankful for life's blessings every day, I don't need a holiday to think about what I'm thankful for.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:33 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Valentine's Day
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:31 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Hmm, most of them are overrated but I'm going with Valentine's Day, or St. Patricks Day(I swear the only point is to get drunk on "green" beer).
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:34 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Thanksgiving. I'm thankful everyday for the blessings in my life .. why do I need to spend an outrageous amount of money on food for one meal to prove it?
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 11:37 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I don't think Christmas is necessarily overrated. Over-commercialized, for sure. It's hard to say the holiday that celebrates our Lord and Savior's birth is overrated. Same goes for Easter. Can't say the holiday that celebrates our Lord and Savior's glorious resurrection, conquering death and the grave is overrated. Tough act to follow,if you ask me.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 11:39 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Ooh, V Day is a good one, too, Simplicity! Another one with a troubling history.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:34 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Valentines Day, Mothers Day, & Fathers Day I call guilt trip days! Way too overated!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Halloween
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 11:57 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I agree with Valentine's Day. You don't get a day off for it, so what's the point.
    etown2reds

Answer by etown2reds at 11:58 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Christmas. I don't mind the week of Christmas, but do we really have to see the lights and gaudy decorations up in stores in early November? It is sooo commercialized now. The insanity of all the shoppers out on Black Friday is nuts!
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:12 AM on Dec. 3, 2010