I have recently just seperated with my kids dad and it has broken my heart. I have noticed that i get agrivated with the kids a lot because of my stress. How can I move on and forget about him?

Me and my kids father and our kids were all living together and we split up and me and the kids moved back with my parents. My son has gotten very attached to his father and I am very hurt by the split up. How can I go on every day without takin my frustration out on my kids and just move on and forget about him. I want so bad for us to be together and for my children to have their parents together but I cant live with all the hurt. I don't feel like I can be the mother I should be. So how do i move on?

loving_mom08

Asked by loving_mom08 at 12:35 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• honestly it sounds like you may clinically depressed because of the separation. Try talking to your doctor.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 12:37 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I think you are going through a very tough time and you cannot easily move on. You need time to heal and it is not going to be easy if you have to be a mom too. I can totally see how you can get short-tempered with your kids.

You need to see if you can find time to go to a support group, therapy, or even spend time with one of the groups here. You need to vent somewhere so you can be more relaxed with your kids - they need a loving parent right now.

Time always heals all wounds so you need to give it time. I'm sorry that you are going through this. So good that you recognize a problem! Hang in there!
    Avon_Calling

Answer by Avon_Calling at 12:55 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• rIm going through the same thing and dont think less of yourself because you cant be 100% right now and that dosent mean a thing..i snap at my daughter sometimes because im soo stressed and sometimes her fits just make me want to pull my hair out. And as far as moving on im learning theres no easy way to get over him you just have to let time heal it..my husband walked out on me and my daughter about two months ago and i cried myself to sleep everynight but now im starting to think of him less and less.. but if you ever need to talk or need support im here
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 2:36 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I went through it 3 1/2 years ago after a 16 year marraige.he cheated when i was pregnant with our 3rd child.I left moved back home,it took 3 months to get off my ass and realize i wasnt gonna let him win.I didnt take the best care of my kids at that time either.I couldnt even take care of myself.I lost 30 lbs in a month and a half,didnt sleep much and walked around like a zombie, It doesnt seem like it but you will be ok, the pain will stop.take help from friends.just give the kids lots of hugs
    lifeisgood176

Answer by lifeisgood176 at 11:01 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Im with akashaismyworld,if you someone to talk to im here to .thats one thing i dont have even today.all my family and friends are married and look at me like i have three heads.they dont understand
    lifeisgood176

Answer by lifeisgood176 at 11:04 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I understand exactly what your going through, I was in a 15 years of marriage due to alot of verbal abuse . I had enough.. even with kids i know it's hard but you got remember that god is on you side.. and your not alone in this everythings is going to ok...
    FIREMAMA07

Answer by FIREMAMA07 at 12:40 AM on Mar. 21, 2009