epilepsy

Hi, I'm someone with epilepsy. Due to my years of epilepsy and experiences I wish to make new friends who wish to talk to me or who have my condition and have been through those moments of miscarriages.

I'm a strong person how has her challenges and will not give up.
Along with that, I'm a woman who isnt able to to have kids. However has the desire and now wishes to go on.

If your a person who relates or would like to talk. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kally123

Asked by Kally123 at 12:10 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have Epilepsy and after two miscarriages and tons of doctor appointments I have a beautiful daughter. Even my neurologist said people with Epilepsy have children everyday.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 12:11 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Unless you have other health issues which you chose not to mention here, I fail to see how epilepsy(and yes, I am at least a bit informed on the disease) prevents you from having kids.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:14 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• My daughter had seizures since she was 9 months old but she was never diagnosed with epilspsy they did a EGK and her brain activity came out abnormal in the front part of her head but then they did a MRI and they didnt see anything serious like a tumor or anything so they dont know whats cauing her seizures i dont have epilspsy either so i dont know how she got it shes on daily medication she takes keppra 1 cc every 12 hours ..maybe you cant have kids cus of the epilspsy but hopefully one day GOD will blessed with a beautiful baby that you've been wanting ill keep you in my prayers whats your name ..my daughter is now a year and seven months old hasnt had a epsoide since july and i thank GOD everyday for that cus its so ugly to see her go through that at such a young age shes just a baby .. you know.. i wish you well though ..
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 1:07 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• You might want to go to your Groups tab and do a search. There might be a group you can join.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:19 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• what about your epilepsy makes it so you cant have children? i was diagnosed with epilepsy when i was 18 months old. i've had 2 brain surgeries. my last surgery was a year and a half ago. doctors have always told me i would have trouble conceiving but i guess i never really thought about it because i'm not ready to have kids yet.
    devtdbosombuddy

Answer by devtdbosombuddy at 8:23 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Well, Im 36 I guess my biological clock is beginning to tick. It comes across my mind alot how I'm not a mother yet.
    However, its not just my medication may affect me/my child if I was to ever become pregnant. It also has to do with
    the medications I take, the side affects I have from them (multiple times of the day).
    So, with the horrible side affects I have EVERY DAY and the withdrawles. How can I focus on a child?

Though, I am a Aunt Sissy! I have a 3 yr old neice that is the sunshine of my eyes. :)
    Kally123

Comment by Kally123 (original poster) at 11:20 AM on Dec. 18, 2010