Care package ideas...

I want to make a care package and send it over seas to one of our men or women serving our country. I need ideas. I've already got things like magazines, crossword/wordsearches, some home-made cookies, and a thank you note, but what else do you think, or KNOW, would make a soldier happy? Maybe a good book? And how do I send it off if I'm not sending it to any specific soldier?

Have any of you ever sent one? I'd like to send off as many as possible, but I'm not sure how much each one costs.

HaydensMama07

Asked by HaydensMama07 at 12:17 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 12:18 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• What Simplicity3 said!! WONDERFUL resource!! I had the exact same questions and my friend found that group for me. I checked out anysoldier.com because like you I didnt' have anyone specific to send it to, but I wanted to find someplace to send care packages - not just now but throughout the year.

mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:21 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Calling cards are always nice to include. They get a few here and there, but the rates are steep, so calling cards can help.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:21 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Calling cards is a GREAT idea!
    HaydensMama07

Comment by HaydensMama07 (original poster) at 12:22 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• things they can't get that we take for granted. sweet treats/snack, and decent toiletries I would think
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 12:23 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• We sell Avon and a couple of months ago Avon had care packages you bought for the soldiers for ten dollars and they sent it to random soldiers. The box included toiletries .. deodorant, skin so soft, sunscreen, etc. Since theres not a corner store over there these items were much appreciated by the soldiers. Try anysoldier.com (not familiar with but came up on google) otherwise contact the Military and ask.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 12:24 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• When my son was in Iraq some of their favorites were: Beef jerkey, car magazines, football, frisbee, books, decks of cards, Starbucks via, Michael, son said it tastes just like brewed coffee. Also if you go to the Post Office, they'll give you boxes and you fill them as full as you can for a low rate, around 6.00. As a mom with a son in the military, thank you! He said they loved ALL the pkgs. sent from folks everywhere :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:40 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• No Kathy675...THANK YOU AND YOUR SON!!! And thanks for the ideas!
    HaydensMama07

Comment by HaydensMama07 (original poster) at 12:42 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Anytime :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:58 AM on Dec. 3, 2010