I know this is childish of me but............

there is a girl my 13 year old goes to school with that I just want to slap the snot out of. We have gone to church with her family for the last 10 years and the girls started going to the same school together last year and she is so mean to my kid. My daughter doesn't really seem to care, she has her own group of friends but it really ticks me off. When I see the girl at school functions she's all sweet and polite to my face. Her mom & dad are super nice. Any of you have situations like this ~ 2 faced little middle school witches?

etown2reds

Asked by etown2reds at 12:25 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Well, if it does not bother her than you should be adult enough to "let it go"! If you kid complains of out of the normal (comments of a racial or sexual nature)comments, than I would absolutely be talking to a supervisor if not a police officer or lawyer! Otherwise, (if as you say, she does not seem (you should know absolutely, not seemingly though) that it does not bother her.......wow, I would be so proud of my daughter!! but that's just me! I don't care what others say or even think about me whatsoever, I am not attempting to impress anyone with life whatsoever and I truly hope my baby boy feels the same way!!!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:35 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• If your kid
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:36 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• anyone with the way I live my life whatsoever
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:37 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• You are right! I have the hardest time letting stuff go when it happens to my kids! When my 21 y/o was in 8th grade, a teacher repeatedly called her a "dumb white girl". OMG!! Conferences with her, the principal, repeated complaints.......nothing ever happened to the teacher who had been at the school for like 15 years. I finally told my daughter, well, we know you're not dumb, but you are a white girl so just ignore her and get through the rest of the year. My youngest is now at that school and the teacher is STILL there and my blood pressure rises when I see her after all this time.
    etown2reds

Comment by etown2reds (original poster) at 12:43 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Things bother us so much more when it happens to our babies...the same things probably happened to us growing up and we survived it somehow. Just remember she will survive it too! And how great that she has the ability to ignore that mean girl at school. Nothing will bother the mean girl more than being dismissed like that.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 1:28 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I have met some kidds (teens) that I just couldn't stand. They were obviously "Eddie Haskell" types and they grated on my last nerve. There were quite a few I would have loved to have slapped the attitude out of. Adults don't have to like every teenager we meet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Kids like that I do my best to keep my daughter away from. If they are also a bad influence I do the same but me personally if it continued I would speak to her parents for it to hopefully be put a stop too.
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 5:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2010