OK, I tried the swat on the diaper with my son, he definatley got angry clenched his fits and made like a errrrr sound lol he didn't cry just got mad, what does your child do for those who swat on the diaper?? My son is 14 months

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 2 yr old just gets annoyed and tells me no mommy. I've found that in order to really impact him I have to do more then just swat on the diaper. But I'm not comfortable doing that so I'm finding alternative routes to handle things.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 1:01 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I was my neice's nanny for awhile. I'd swat her on the diaper and she'd shake her finger at me and say "Bad!". LOL.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 1:11 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• My 2yr old boy laughs at me when I spank him. So I've started doing time outs and taking toys away. He just lost a whole basket full of cars because he wouldn't listen LOL What he doesn't know is he'll get them back as stocking stuffers for christmas poor kid LOL The really sad part is my mom did that to me and my sister and thats where I got the idea LMAO!!!!
    Good luck the older they get the more cunning you have to become :( sigh.....
    Leauna

Answer by Leauna at 1:53 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I even put on my scary gargole voice doesn't faze him I'm geting nervous lol he's only 14months
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• My duaghter just laughed-lol.......then she started getting the nose in the corner time outs! those worked and still work great (she is almost three now)
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 1:05 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I really think if you're trying to discipline your little one you should try the time out or nose in the corner. I FUCKING HATED THAT!!!! LOL excuse my language but I DID hate it soooo much. You could be me as hard as you wanted but the time out is what got me....
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 2:46 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• My daughter (13 months)growls, makes a fist, and try to pinch or scratch me. She has a temper. I tried the time-out, but she likes sitting there. I will take her out and she will just go back. So that didn't work for me.
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 8:10 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• SandraBeth I am soo Jelous!!! (sp?) I wish my boys would do that sometimes!! They can Drive me NUTS!!!!!!! AAAHHHH!!!! lol... Any who, have you tried taking toys away?? I do that as well as spank (only when he's in danger now to get the point across faster), Corner/timeouts, and early bed/nap time. I hope one of my method will help if you don't already have one that works LOL ;)
    Leauna
    Leauna

Answer by Leauna at 1:55 AM on Nov. 7, 2008