How can you loosen a tight cough?

Anything help?

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 1:14 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Health

• You should probably let a doctor listen to lungs to make sure they are clear of fluid. OTC stuff that works is mucinex and vicks vaporub.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 1:15 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Did you try that gypsy cold tea I told you about?
    Chicken soup is always good, too.
    Sorry you're still feeling lousy. =(
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:16 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I'm broke until tomorrow!! :(
    I thought I was feeling better, but I guess not.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 1:20 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Bummer! Well, it's relatively cheap (maybe $4 for a box, plus some honey). Tomorrow, then!! And a thing of chicken soup!!
    In the meantime, go to sleep, mama! Sleep will help you recover. Also, bear in mind that coughs tend to linger beyond the duration of the illness.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:22 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Ish, it's been three weeks. It started to loosn up yesterday, but now it's back to the same old crap...
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 1:24 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Mucinex works really good. Hope you feel better!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:24 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• My grandma always mad me a "hot toddy" Warm tea w/honey, and a shot of whisky. It helped me sleep anyway. I also heard a humidifer can help with some of that vick vapor stuff they make for the humidifers.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:26 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• If you smoke that will certainly lengthen the duration of a cough too. But MUcinex is some good shit, guifanisen (sp?) or basically any cough or phlemn type remedy found behind the counter (u know, the type you need to show ID to get nowadays) is going to be the good shit! Good luck and hope you feel better soon.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:29 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I did look up a natural cough remedy online once, I think it was basically some sort of antioxidant flavored hot tea with lemon and honey. Although I did read that a simple teaspoon full of honey before bed is supposed to help too!! If you have honey, try it!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:32 AM on Dec. 3, 2010