are you making things this Christmas?

home made goodies in place of candy, or having the kids make gifts for family members?
Do you ever make home made things for your kids?

1nglmom3

Asked by 1nglmom3 at 1:32 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Holidays

• NO that's some lame shit right there, unless of course it is coming from a young child with no allowance. Otherwise the child should either "make" something special and thoughtful regarding the person it is meant for specifically and not just put their damn name on some piece of shit macaroni art. I would never choose to buy things myself (saying they are from my child, that sickens me!!!!). My child will choose to either buy his own gifts with his earned money from doing his work that he should be doing as a member of the family or he will choose to make gifts (specifically geared towards the recipients). And if he chooses not to buy them with his allowance, he will no longer receive an allowance until I feel he has learned the lesson!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:43 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• wow truthteller0722 you never really had true home made gift,i grew up that home made was lot better my mom would sew for months make dress for each of us girls all seven of us ,suits for the boys and grandkids clothes to ,i bake,sew and knit for my family and friends
    and each year they can't wait for home made gift from me,yes money can buy happness but home made is made with love,
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:59 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Well my son made me a scarf last year. It's just black felt, with the ends fringed, he added something special to it. He cut 2 slits in the middle so that I could tie up around my face and still breath. When I go outside. It gets to be 1-10 degrees here. I asked him who told him to do that he said no one. It was just his idea. He made it at school. Money is tight for us. So I guess to some, it would look like a scrap of fabric, or some other sickening object. My truth is that it's beautiful. It came from my son with love. My son was thinking what would be a gift that would be helpful to my mom. That is a reward enough to me to know that I am teaching my son he doesn't have to have money to give a gift from the heart, it does not have to come from a store to be useful to that person. I had home made things growing up to. It is our culture. Even something made with dried pasta I would never turn away from my kids.
    1nglmom3

Comment by 1nglmom3 (original poster) at 2:33 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• No, exect for food.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:01 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Well we made place mats with my nieces they were moose faces. Their foot was the nose and their hands were the antlers. So cute.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:21 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• AWESOME IDEA!
    1nglmom3

Comment by 1nglmom3 (original poster) at 11:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2010