Skin Cancer

Does any have/had it? Or know someone who does? How did you find out? How are things going?

vjoaquin

Asked by vjoaquin at 1:34 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Health

• Our neighbor does. He found out because he had unusual spots that were getting bigger. He has it all surgically removed though, he refuses to do chemo or radiation or anything. He's had 5 surgeries so far this year to remove sections of his skin (back, shoulder, thigh, calf, arm - tricep area) and is having another surgery after Christmas to remove more - it just keeps popping up. It's sad, really. I know a few other people who have had moles removed that had cancer cells in them but follow-up tests showed that everything was removed with the moles so no further treatment was needed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• i had an aunt and uncle that both were diagnosed at the same time. my uncle passed away, and my aunt is fine. she went to the dr. much earlier than my uncle did. i know a few people that have had spots removed.
    one man i knoyw has had spots removed twice. he eats a clean diet, takes a lot of food based supplements and does not drink alcohol or consume very much sugar at all.
    are you ok?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:00 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• My husband is very fair, and has had many little cancers. There are several types of skin cancer, most of which are not dangerous if caught early, as his have been so far (thank God).

In each case, his was either cut out or frozen off. When cut, the extracted piece was biopsied to confirm the diagnosis. He only had a melanoma once (that's the type that's usually dangerous), but his (in situ) was not the kind that can easily spread.

He has to go regularly for close inspection of his skin. Photos are taken to compare moles for changes. So far, so good. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 2:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I have a birthmark that I always had bt when I got pregg it like doubled in size and looks like it has gotten bigger recently. Also, I have this "mark" (idk what it is) on my side near my breast that appeared within the last 6 months and seems like it has gotten bigger. I am just concerned and if this is something I should show my dr and worse case scenario.
    vjoaquin

Comment by vjoaquin (original poster) at 3:46 PM on Dec. 3, 2010