19 month old that doesnt wanna eat ?

I have a 19 month old daughter that hasnt been wanting to eat much for the past 3 days shes been eating very little and then when shes done she just picks and plays with it ..its starting to worry me but shes been drinking alot of fluids throughout the day what can i do to get her to eat a little bit more ? she hasnt be gaining weight either shes been at 24lbs since she turned 16 months i have a scale at home and i weigh her every other day but her weight just stays the same .

alexia_09

Asked by alexia_09 at 1:52 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sometimes kids just don't want to eat. Since she's drinking a lot, give her pediasure to make sure she gets enough nutrients. My daughter does that too. Don't worry, soon she'll eat everything in sight for a week or two then jump up two inches and 5lbs. lol.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 1:56 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I have that problem with my daughter and I asked her doctor about it and he told me that her brain told her body to stop growing so her matabolism can catch up and after she catches up the brain tells her to grow again. I didnt quit get it but if it wasnt true why would he say it. My daughter only eats certian foods and she likes to play with it in the process. Just give your baby theit favorite food to eat and they will be fine.
    schavez78580

Answer by schavez78580 at 4:40 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I have same prob with my son. I gave him pedia-lite and flinstones chewables. He had some prescription to increase his appetite but it did not, made him only pooping loose stools and losing appetite. But pedia and chewables made him hungry. He gets first planty of what he likes and starts to feed himself with, say bread. When he's on a good run, I put a huge banana, and he grabs it. As he continues I add pealled whole apple. He has some. I am thining what goes well afterwards taste-like and serve it to him. Say, pretzel sticks. He grabs some. Later try new thing. He hardly ever tries new stuff, but this way I can make him full at least. Limiting fluids does not work well. Do not cut on the food your little one likes, because my would starve himself but try new. Before I sit him on a chair, I give him a bottle of oatmeal (1 oz) on water (3 oz). That's to make him feel hungry. And immediately he's by the breakfast table.
    kujus04

Answer by kujus04 at 8:56 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Sounds like a typical toddler to me. My daughter goes through this from time to time and then she starts eating again. I once read to consider all the food the child eats over the course of the week not just a couple days. She may be getting sick or just not feel like eating. She wont starve herself and its typical that weight gain slows down at this age. As long as she isnt losing weight she is fine. BTW by 18 month old is also 24 lbs and has been since 16 months also. Your baby is learning new thing and is active so as long as she is active and having wet and poopy diapers she is getting enough... Dont force her to eat it could give her an adversion to food.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 10:41 AM on Dec. 3, 2010