teething biscuits??

when did you offer teething biscuits to your baby??

socalikim

Asked by socalikim at 2:05 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did. He used them a lot when he first started teething(at about 9 months) but after a few months he seemed like he didn't really like them anymore
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 2:11 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I believe its once your infant can handle bits of solid food. they can break off pieces of the biscuit with not much effort so if your child hasn't had solid food yet it could be a choking hazard. You will want to watch them closely while they have it. If your kid is teething you could try freezing or chilling teething rings instead. Something cool on their gums feels good to them and helps numb the pain a bit. One cheap and easy thing to do is wetting down the corner of a hand towel and freezing it for them to chew on.
    OkiMama618

Answer by OkiMama618 at 2:18 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Ive done all of the teething remedies and all he seems to really enjoy ismy finger lol so Ive been thinking about the biscuits but he just started solids and has been eating rice/oatmeal @4months and veggies a couple of weeks ago
    socalikim

Comment by socalikim (original poster) at 2:27 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• if you just started mashed veggies i would wait. I didn't start my daughter on baby food till she was almost 6 months. I strictly nursed up to that point because of food allergies run on my husbands side. I don't think I tried teething biscuits till about 8-9 months so she was used to having baby food by then. But if your child is already nibbling on chunks of bread or whole cooked veggies go for it.
    OkiMama618

Answer by OkiMama618 at 2:48 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• only my first son had them because they are soooo messy!
    my daughter is really enjoying my fingers too : )
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:51 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I didn't start until he had 4 teeth, 2 at the top and on the bottom, the reason for that is because even though my son had two top teeth by the time he was 4 months, he didn't want to chew his food he would choke. However their are different kind of teething bisuits out there, there not all the same so be careful when first starting out.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:25 PM on Dec. 3, 2010