I think my sister is trying to steal my thunder.....

My older sister never wanted kids, then she had an accidental pregnancy when she was 20. She is now 27 and with a new man. They've been together for a few years now and she told him from the beginning that she NEVER wanted anymore kids or to marry him. When I told her, and the rest of the family, that I and my hubby of 2 years were expecting she got all quiet and didn't say anything. Every body was thrilled and so excited for me. NOW she's getting married to him and has decided to have more kids. Now everybody thinks it's wonderful for her and have completely forgotten about me. It just hurts my feelings... no one even came to my baby shower and they're already planning a huge wedding shower for her and she couldn't be happier. Does it sound like she's trying to steal my thunder? I only ask because she's done a lot of stuff like this before..

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 1:08 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• It's hard to tell if your sister is stealing your thunder, but it's very strange for her to not even congratulate you on your pregnancy. If you feel that she is, then you're probably right.
    I couldn't stand my sister when I was prego, and all I heard was how pregnancy hormones blah blah blah... My DD is 15 months and I feel the exact same about my sis as I did at 9 months prego. Sorry no one came to your shower... but all she is getting is a ring, you're getting a BABY:) Oh, and your beautiful baby will be a huge distraction at her wedding, I'm sure. Gotta love Karma!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Possibly, but now is not the time to think about this. You are going to be a new mom! It's time to celebrate for you and don't worry what the heck she thinks. I am sorry your baby shower wasn't attended.. But this is you and your hubby's thunder.. TAKE IT BACK GIRL!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:12 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• you know what? there will be always someone like that in the family. When I was expecting my baby and came home with my ultrasound pics, she (my sister) didn't even wanted to look at them, it seemed like she was upset, also because I'm younger. Don't pay attention to her, and try to relax and stay calm, otherwise is not going to be healthy for your baby. Just ignore her, the more you care the more she is going to do it. LOL
    jcampos

Answer by jcampos at 1:13 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Every family has that one person who needs the attention. I'm sorry this is happening to you. There is the possibility that by you having a kid and being married it made her truly desire that . chances are she just couldn't take the attention on you and felt the need to turn all eyes on her. Just let it go the people like that aren't worth getting worked up over. I went through the same thing both my sisters were "pregnant" when I got pregnant with my son. Drove me nuts. I had so many awful and angry thoughts, both my sisters ended up not having their kids and I felt guilty for the things I thought. I realized then that it's not worth feeling anything over
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 1:17 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Ooooooh anon I never looked at it that way!! The present I'm getting is sooo much better and SO much more valuable than a ring!!!

MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:18 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Oh honey listen here Im going through the SAME thing!!! I found out i was prego..everyone was soooo happy for me planning babyshower and gifts and i was finally getting some attention....well my sister got jealous and SHE GOT PREGNENT....so she would have all the spotlight once again....the only person that came to my babyshower on my side of the family was my mother!!! and of course my sister..heh...but anyways my son was born in june of 07 my nephew (sisters son) in aug of 07....now you tell me lol....anyways i feel for you and know exactly what your going through honestly my sister is one of those women who are fortunte to concieve but never should! she does not take care of her son and it only with him maybe 2 days out of the week if that poor lil thing is lucky....GL!!
    justinsmommie09

Answer by justinsmommie09 at 3:40 AM on Nov. 6, 2008