How do I approach this guy.

I think I am finally finding myself after my husband left me. There is a guy at the fitness center where I go, we always make eye contact, I can tell he is looking at me and I the same. Yesterday he got on the treadmill next to me. I don't know what to say or how to even ask him his name. I would never mess with a married man. I know he is interested the problem is he is just as shy as I am. How do I approach with out getting my feelings hurt.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Dont appraoch him....if yall made eye contact and he still didnt appraoch you then let the contact be that until he comes to you. Beside you dont want a man that goes to the same GYM that you go to because he may not be what you want and then you will have to see his face everytime that you go to workout....
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 12:25 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• So is he married? I'm confused by that sentence.
    Anyways, if you're shy you're just going to have to block it out and make the first move. Think about what you are going to say and lead the conversation. Start slow, by asking him how long he has gone to this gym? Does he take any classes there, like spin classes or whatever;) If so, does he feel like it's a good workout, you've been thinking about taking a spin class. If not, what does he like to do at the gym. Oh he likes to lift weights. Does he know of any weight workouts that can improve your arms, legs etc. Could he show you a few? And so on...
    It's always scary trying to meet new people, especially if you're attracted to them. Just be confident and be yourself. You might get rejected, oh well, but you might not;) Good luck!
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 2:48 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• If he is married just keep away and do not try to even go there. If single then by all means just smile and make light convo.We could probably list a phone book of things to say but hten you are in front of the guy it just does not fit in. Just be natural and take it light.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 3:36 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• You need to first of all find out if he is a married man and if so you need to WALK AWAY AND QUICK you will get your heart ran over and plowed away before you even see it coming.
    If he isn't married just take things slowly and see where it all brings you TAKE YOUR TIME.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:56 AM on Dec. 3, 2010