HELP!

hey everyone me and my soon to be husband are ttc. is there any helpful advice you can give me to conceive???

Chels0108

Asked by Chels0108 at 2:37 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Tons! That's a very broad request. My first suggestion to you is to make sure you are healthy. Having a healthy body is the best thing you can do when you want to be growing another life inside your womb. That doesn't mean you have to be perfect or anything. Just drink lots of water, try to make healthy food choices, and take prenatal vitamins. If you take any medications regularly, make sure they are safe in case you get pregnant.
    Next, learn everything you can about your body and what your reproductive system is doing. So many people go through life without ever knowing half of what happens inside their bodies.
    In order to be able to pinpoint ovulation to give you the best chance of conceiving, you should chart your Basal Body Temp. You can find a basal (aka fertility) thermometer in just about any pharmacy section for around $15. I use www.fertilityfriend.com and I love it. I've used it for years....(cont)
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 2:54 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I've been pregnant 4 times and used FF for 3 of those pregnancies. (The first pregnancy was accidental, and miscarried...second and third I used FF to help me conceive, also miscarried, fourth I was also using FF, and that pregnancy was successful.)
    It will also ask you to keep track of your CM - Cervical Mucous (discharge), CP -cervical position - this can be a little confusing; and when you have sex. CM categories are dry, sticky (both pretty self explanatory), creamy (which is like lotion) - these first three are not friendly to sperm. Then there's watery (very thin and slippery like liquid lube), which is fairly sperm friendly, and eggwhite. EWCM looks pretty much just like egg whites...or a wad of snot. Kinda EW ironically. ha, ha. anyway. It is thicker and will stretch between your fingers. This is the most fertile CM. EWCM will actually help sperm get where they need to go. cont again....sorry...lots of info
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 3:01 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• by no means do you have to keep track of the extras, but it helps. Your cervix changes position through the course of your cycle - but also through the day, so if you're going to check it, do it at the same time every day, in the same position. If you don't happen to know what your cervix feels like, it's a knobby thing at the end of your vagina. It will be HIGH up, may be hard to feel, FIRM, and CLOSED when you are not fertile. When you are, it will be LOW and easy to feel, SOFT, and will feel slightly OPEN. Some people aren't comfortable with feeling their cervix, and some people just aren't able to.
    FertilityFriend offers a free course that will help you with all this. Have sex (BD - babydance) every other day until you see EWCM, then have sex every day until your chart shows that you have ovulated. (temp dip followed by big temp spike.) Most fertile days are the three before and one after. Good luck!
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 3:07 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• You can borrow the book from the library or order it online but I really found this helpful, "Taking Charge of Your Fertility". Lots of info. about TTC, charting, foods to take/avoid, vitamins and other supplements to try, bloodwork to have done if having difficulty TTC or just 'want to know' what is going on, etc. Both hubby and I read this in one evening. An easy but informative read!
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 8:34 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility and learn to chart!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 10:52 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• thanks everyone for all your helpful information :)
    Chels0108

Comment by Chels0108 (original poster) at 12:38 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• sex! sex! sex! lots of SEX!!!! lol... good luck!!!
    mrzmommiilebron

Answer by mrzmommiilebron at 3:14 PM on Dec. 4, 2010