How old were your children when they started to question santa or you just told them the truth?

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 2:41 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Holidays

• My son was eight when he really started questioning. I told him the truth because I wasn't going to get wrapped up in a cobweb of lies, which is funny because I was the one who created Santa in his mind:) He never questioned it when he was little so when he did I felt it was done. He really does like the memories! He is now helping us with our daughter and he talks about Santa with her. He is having just as much fun doing that as he did when he believed.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 2:56 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• My children don't question whether he is real or not, my d/h is the one that tries to use it as a crutch to get them to try to behave all year. well santa will not get you ''anything''! is all he says, not that it's really a good thing to behave because it's better for your dad and mom to love you more. I am just sick to pieces that it's santa, and not our feelings. Anyone else is entitled to have their own style. After years of this day in and out, the stigma of santa is not really worth using. In my belief that it's best to listen to them and love them all year, and help them daily, and not give them the old santa trick line; is a better well rounded informed child that will respect me later on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:25 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• My kids all still believe. Even my 10 yo. The older two have both asked and my response was, "Well, what do YOU think?" They both said he must be real for various reasons. I said, "He must be real then."

I don't remember when I stopped believing either but I would have never taken the fun away from my younger siblings and my children are the same way. I know they will have a lot of fun in the next year or two when they figure it out and get to help plan for my littlest one and keep it alive for her!
    cheez1e

Answer by cheez1e at 9:41 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• My dd 8 and she just asked me for the truth and I told her. She has been having fun remembering all the past Christmases and trying ot figure out how we pulled stuff off. It has been alot of fun!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:46 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• My son was 4 when he asked me if Santa was real! My DH blames it on Polar Express. We have the Elf on a Shelf x2 and he questioned whether they were real. I'm wondering if this is normal or if the true story needs to be told.....
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 10:25 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Well my son was around 4 when he told me that "it is impossible for one person to go to every single house in the world in one night"... So I told him Santa is a feeling of love that we all have right here in our hearts, he then asked me 'why is it such a big secret then?" I went on to tell him some parents think that it is better to let the kids believe in a fake thing. So he needed to keep our ideas inside and not let the others down.
    Now I said the same thing to my daughters and they stomped their feet and said "No he comes down the chimney"...
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:19 PM on Dec. 3, 2010