Why can't I stand up to her

I am a nice person who doesn't talk shit about anyone to other people. I will complain about their ACTIONS but only to my husband and parents. Because I know that they will keep what I say to themselves. Well my "wonderful" sister in law keeps trying to start a fight with me. I have never done anything to this girl besides for tell my parents that I don't like the way she treats my brother. Now she is bringing MY children into it, she keeps posting crap on facebook for my family and friends to see about how well behaved her child is until he gets around my kids. I know I shouldn't let this bother me, but it does. Her son is an only child and thinks that everyone should cater to his every need. He is 2 years old and doesn't play well with other kids. My 2 kids will play nicely with him, and then he will punch them, throw rocks at them and push them down. My kids are 4 and 3. My son will protect his sister and then my sister in law will tell my son not to hit. It is to the point where if she leaves her child outside and I am out there I will send him back inside just so I dont have to deal with it. She doesn't want me to correct her child for misbehaving but she has no problem, doing it to mine. I have told her that they are my kids and if they are misbehaving I will correct them, but if they are provoked I will not.
She tells everyone I am a bitch, and a slut because I got pregnant before I married. But I married my kids dad and my kids are very well taken care of. No one in my family knows that I got married before I got pregnant, which is a long story.
I am just tired of getting talked down to and I dont know how to stand up to her. I am way to nice and I tend to let people walk all over me.
I just dont know what to do.

edited to add: I ONLY send her child back in if she, my brother or parents are not out there to keep an eye on him. And the only place we see each other at is my parents, because she is banned from my house

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• tell her to grown the fuk up honestly tell her ur sick of bending to her needs and dealing with her b.s... and do it infront off everyone watch her shut up honestly girls can b bitches if they need to be sounds to me like u need to put her in her pl.
    mellibear

Answer by mellibear at 4:28 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I personally think you all should not go to your parents house if she is there or she needs to keep your mouth shut and kid in line and watch him at all times.
    What the hell does your brother have to say about this shit. It all sounds like to me a bunch of high school shit and you all need to step away from the facebook and have a talk about what this is really all about. I am sure your parents and everyone else that has to listen to this shit has had it. She sounds like she needs to grow up more then you.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:50 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• That is why I quit facebook. Too much childish family drama being posted for all to see. It is bs.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 4:32 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I would just ignore her if you sink to her level and thats what she wants it will never end. She sounds like she is a child and if you say something to her she will never stop so just realize one thing that while she is acting childish you are not and as hard as this is remember this is all she has and there is so much more coming up for you in your life when she does this shake your head and laugh knowing you are not going to do a battle of the wits with an unarmed person.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:45 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• If she knows that she can get away with treating you like this she will continue to do so! Put her in her place now!
    ditchen4

Answer by ditchen4 at 11:12 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• The thing about all this is, I am trying my damnest to be nice to her. I just can't take it anymore. Me and her have had discussions about trying to be friends for the sake of the kids and trying to be family, but she keeps starting crap with me. And I cant keep my kids away from their grandparents just because they are there. My sil and brother live with my parents right now. I am just trying to figure out the ADULT thing to do before I have yet ANOTHER discussion with her about trying to be civil towards each other. She has talked shit about everyone in my family, and everyone has bent over backwards for her and she just wants more. As long as she is using me she is fine, but other than that she is being a total bitch.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:02 AM on Dec. 3, 2010