Just wondering how many of you women are sick and tired of seeing all these diet pill and tea and blah blah blah weight loss drugs comming out that promise to make you skinny in weeks and seeing women go out and get these and wasting money for something thats not gonna work!!!!

My mother tries every new pill that comes out and I try and try and try to tell her just to change her diet completley and exercize regularly!!!

scaredmommy08

Asked by scaredmommy08 at 1:15 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Oh yeah, so sick of it...If we as Americans get back to the basics of food, meaning fruits and veggies andwhole grain breads, we would be so much healthier. There are so many things on the market that are processed that are just horrible for us. The other thing we need to do is eat to liove, not live to eat.
    Maddape48854

Answer by Maddape48854 at 1:18 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• the diet pills i have taken have worked but i make sure i get good ones and ones that are healthy for you and i exercise regularly.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:18 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I have been tired of these for years.I have always been underweight[except when pregnant] and wanting to gain weight,.I eat all these fatten foods that i live off of and can't gain and ounce.
    momangel05

Answer by momangel05 at 1:21 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• There are many pills on the market that work for many people. Almost all of them claim to be the best and blah, blah, blah. I personally can't take anything that messes with my metabolism. I found one that works because it actually fills up your stomach so you don't eat as much. No side effects and the only active ingredient is FDA approved. Which is more than I can say for most of the pills out there.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 1:24 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• i tried the diet pills and slim fast shakes not together though but i ended up gaining more weight...i got the hip hop abs videos and watched my diet...im not where i want to be but im getting close i lost almost 40 lbs in the last year...
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 1:48 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• i take lipozene and its working for me...your really pessemistic lighten up
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 2:29 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• The diet industry is a multi-billion dollar industry and with reason. People are looking for a quick fix to their problems. Weight is not gained overnight however many people do not want to put forth the effort to lose weight safely so they keep looking for something external that will do it for them. I honestly think society's quick fix needs are a result of an ever increasing laziness and unwillingness to work hard for what is wanted. I cannot say that I am tired of the diet ads...it proves how smart the makers of diet products are and the gullibility of those that have no desire to lose weight "the hard way".
    Colleen801

Answer by Colleen801 at 4:41 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I mean you say just eat better and exercise but that is easier said than done. Not every diet pill is a scam either, there is one in particular I know of that works and it actually trains your body to eat better.
    BettyBoots

Answer by BettyBoots at 9:19 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• YES I am SO tired of it!! I'm not saying there aren't herbs and supplements to enhance your metabolism or optimize your nutrition and metabolism -- but there are NO MAGIC WEIGHT LOSS PILLS!! Everyone's body is different, we have different blood types, we have different metabolisms, no pill/diet/exercise works for everyone. Gah! It makes me crazy! The latest one, the acai drives me insane. For one, it's a wonderful berry, but it's not going to make you lose 40 lbs in 2 weeks! Mostly it bugs me because they keep showing photos of women who didn't even use it to lose their weight -- one is a woman from The Biggest Loser Show who worked her butt off *literally* to lose her weight. It wasn't from a pill. Go to an actual nutritionist, personal trainer, herbalist if you want to know about what will work for YOUR body, blood, metabolism type.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 12:15 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I take FORM and it has been working for me, it a "hunger management" pill. I take a pill with a glass of water. The pill expands and fills my stomach to the size of an apple, then I eat. However, I don't eat as much because I feel full. It has been my saving grace.
    marriedw6kids

Answer by marriedw6kids at 12:00 AM on Nov. 7, 2008