SERIOUSLY, your mad at me because.....

I lost a ton of weight over the past year. I worked my butt off over the summer, swimming and not eating junk food. I went from a size 16 down to a size 8. Now one of my so called friends doesn't want to hang out or even speak to me. I think it is time to remove her from my mental friend list and put her on my Acquaintance list, heck maybe even my Hit-list. What is your opinion on this issue??

SteelersChick

Asked by SteelersChick at 4:59 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Congratulations on the weight loss - I'm totally impressed with that kind of change. Is your friend overweight or thin? If she's overweight, she is threatened by your weight loss. She can't comfortably stay overweight now that you're thinner & healthier. If she's thin, I agree - she doesn't want the competition.

If she won't talk to you, it is pretty clear - she's not a friend anymore. Probably never really was.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 7:25 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• If she calls off the friendship because you losing weight, then she hasn't been a real friend in the first place. You wouldn't believe the amount op people that are "friends, husbands, wives" ect. just to make them feel better next to the person they think is inferior in some way.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 6:05 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• she's jealous. How petty. She should be happy for you
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:27 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Yep, she is totally jealous and being around the skinnier version of you upsets her because you are getting attention. Did she get more attention than you when you would be together? That is what happened to me... I had a friend who looked great and people looked at her out all the time, then I lost all my extra weight and the attention shifted to me and she turned into a bitch. Drop her, no need to have "friends" like that in your life.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:18 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• This is very common when you lose weight, I've had it happen to me too. Maybe you could reach out and talk to her about why she's acting so mean to you, maybe she feels like you won't want to be HER friend because you've lost weight (even if that's ridiculous).
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:22 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• She must have more issues then you thought she did. i would be putting her some other list that isn't even a list that you have to deal with anymore.
    GOOD for YOU MOMMA. I don't know you but i am proud of you. Keep up the good work momma.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 5:04 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• A true friend will stick by you no matter what! Doesn't sound like this person was a true friend at all.
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 7:16 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Congratulations!!

Don't let her bring you down. Having an overweight friend can be a comfort zone for someone who has low self esteem. Now you have changed eveything and that person is insecure. Only see her if you get something out of it. Otherwise limit your time with her.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:05 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• send her a big beautiful box of chocolates, with a note saying how you appreciate all her support
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• She's a jealous frenemy. You don't need her. Congrats.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 8:36 AM on Dec. 3, 2010