I need suggestions of bland foods.

My dr put me on a bland foods diet for the next few days. Any suggestions or recipes for things I can eat???

redbliss

Asked by redbliss at 1:16 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Pretty much anything without spices or flavor. Mashed potatos is a simple one, Toast, PB&J sandwhich,
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 1:27 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• traditionally, a bland diet in medical terms is the brat diet: Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast.

You can expand that with just about anything that is not highly flavored or spiced.

jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 6:26 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Toast, eggs, broths, -I have made my own chicken noodle soup with regular chicken broth, boneless/skinless chicken breasts cubed, and box noodles from the grocery store. I do this when my family members start getting sick because it is very low in sodium and have no spices. If you are not really sick but the doctor just wants your diet bland, you can eat plenty of vegtables and plain meats, just stay away from rich sauces and specific types of food- like chinese, mexican, italian. Good luck!
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 12:37 PM on Nov. 6, 2008