Do you know the difference between ORGANIC foods and non organic foods?

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 7:29 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Food & Drink

• pesticides
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:30 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• one says organic the other does not.
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 7:32 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• One costs a shitload, the other costs a little less of a shitload.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:35 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Yes
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 7:37 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I heard organic is artificially produced (not naturally grown and not that healthy since never found on the preirie), the others say it has been grown in the best conditions with no additives (pesticides etc.) Am not sure which to go for. Sorry.
    kujus04

Answer by kujus04 at 7:40 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Yes, the difference is in the cost, quality and quantity!! Organic foods are more expensive, have less quality, and are less available than their "mass produced" non-organic counterparts. Organic is soooo overrated. We grow organic for free....in our back yard....would never PAY for organic foods from the supermarket or farmer's market!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:47 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I want to learn more differences but so far I know that the big difference is that non organic seeds are genetically modified and the dna of the foods are altered as a result. It causes more birth defects, faster growth spurts in humans, and diseases (remember the yrs no one could eat the tomatoes/peanut butter/strawberries/etc - every yr its something new). Why b/c the chemicals that they spray the plants with do not always mix with nature, and the government keeps experimenting with our food w/o our permission or knowledge. Even our meats get poisoned b/c they feed the cattle the same crops they feed us with - corn! Well I have a little more info, but I really want to learn what you ladies have found out about the TRU differences.

sugahmamma

Comment by sugahmamma (original poster) at 7:47 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• LoriKeet where did you learn that from???? Have you ever researched the difference for yourself instead of just looking at the obvious price differnce? I mean if you did, let me know your sources so I can be more aware for my own family. The more I dig deeper on the food issues the more I lean towards organics.
    sugahmamma

Comment by sugahmamma (original poster) at 7:54 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I want to learn more differences

Wait...you don't actually know what the pros and cons of organics are, and yet you're running around here for 2 days screaming at people because they don't convert to organics? It really is turning into a religion, isn't it?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:56 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• like I said...IGNORANT, yet NOT SUPPRISING. Whats turning into a religion is you bitching every time someone asks a question that you disagree with. Plenty of other moms on here disagree peacefully but you always resort to name calling and derogatory statements. WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH BY CONTINUING TO NASTY??? Id like to know.

sugahmamma

Comment by sugahmamma (original poster) at 8:07 AM on Dec. 3, 2010