What is the "worst" Christmas gift you ever received?

Librarylady60

Asked by Librarylady60 at 7:45 AM on Dec. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• LOL Scout that sounds like something my MIL would do!! I am going to have to say that the worst gift I have ever received was no gift at all. I don't mind NOT getting gifts, that;s not what Christmas is all about, but let me explain. Christmas before last we went to my MIL on Christmas eve and there was the SIL and BIL and his wife were in from out of town. Me, hubby, and and our daughter sat there watching everyone open things while we got nothing what so ever. I felt sorry for my daughter. This had been a planned even for quite a while so not like they didn't know we would be there.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:42 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• The year I got married my great grandma sent me a Christmas gift and the card says 'Hope you and your husband enjoy the lingerie'. It was a see through HUGE moo-moo!!! I was sooooo embarassed!!
    m0_mommy

Answer by m0_mommy at 7:47 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• One year my MIL pulled an old sweater out of her closet and gave that to me for Christmas.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:26 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• My mil is NOT good at gift-giving, she does not put thought into it and try to 'match' the gift to the person, instead she grabs something and slaps a name on it. The worst I have gotten from her was an ugly sweatshirt with the clearance tag still on- and it was the wrong size! One year she gave me a bed pillow--- which I promptly returned to the store and used the store credit to buy something I wanted.
    My mil constantly gives my hubs ugly sweaters (he NEVER wears sweaters) that are 2 sizes too small with the clearance tags still on them! I told him that we should buy her a really ugly blouse- 3 sizes too small and leave the clearance tag on it!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:03 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• well I HATE sounding like an ingrate but my mother who is also a terrible gift giver, gave me a gift bag one year and in the bag was blistex, nail clippers, and a christmas potholder. Every other year she usually makes some craft project to give to everyone that no one ends up keeping/using. Dont get me started on the bead jewelry...
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 8:19 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• My aunt gave me ONE votive candle in a shape of a heart. yes,it was from the last Valentine's Day and it was from Dollar Tree. So I got a clearanced dollar tree item. I wonder if it was 25 cents or fifty?!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:17 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• A travel size sewing kit from my SIL. She hates exchanging gifts and thats all she could come up with.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:54 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• a clear hand me down gift from the MIL that appeared to have been sitting around in a closet since last Xmas. It was all beat up, dust covered and the wrapping paper was actually stuck to the box on it own. It really did look like it had been on a shelf and been sitting for a long long time. I don't even remember what it was, I just tossed it out at the clear lack of thought and care put into it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Clothes when I was a kid! What kid actually gets EXCITED about clothes/undies?? They want toys!!! LOL
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 9:17 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• When I was 13 I wanted to wear perfume SSOOOOOO bad, so for Christmas my dad got me some. I was so excited I just opened the top and started spraying myself. After about 2mins the smell changed - like an after flavor. I smelt like starch and found out that year that I am allergic to oil perfumes. I had tiny red bumps all over, and the smell never came out of my clothes.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 9:18 AM on Dec. 3, 2010